Hey All!!,

I had some boot top scraps from a Tony Lama Black Label pair made from Kangaroo hide....so I figured it was time to test my nerves and making such a small project. I've got one side of the watchband made. I coated the edges with Fiebing's Dura Edge in brown. I lined the backside with saddle smooth ostrich. I used size 138 brown thread and hand stitched this first half of the watchband. I'll finish the other side of the watchband and post photos of the completed project. Let me know what you all think.

Mark

20180428_212438.jpg

20180428_212515.jpg

Nicely done.  I like repurposing and made a watch band out of an old ball glove, so I can appreciate what you came up with.

That, is epic.  If I had a spare pair I would do the same thing!!!

This is a really great series you have started.

You could do wallets, fob, bracelets, maybe even a folder knife sheath.

Very nice. Now I'm tempted to do one. I have one old pair to donate to the cause, so there will be a holster, and now maybe a matching watch-band?

4 hours ago, alpha2 said:

Very nice. Now I'm tempted to do one. I have one old pair to donate to the cause, so there will be a holster, and now maybe a matching watch-band?

Hey Alpha,

You mean like this? I made a holster set (holster and matching magazine holder for my 1911)for myself from the same pair of boots....there was enough boot top scrap left over to make my watchband too. Call me a "slave to fashion"!

20180429_204559.jpg

Hey All!

Well?....this project is done. I had to cut away the old watchband to get to the pins for the new watchband but, it was worth doing. No more buying watchbands for me....making one was much better. Thank you all for stopping by to have a look.

20180429_193600.jpg

20180429_193713.jpg

20180429_193730.jpg

5 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

This is a really great series you have started.

You could do wallets, fob, bracelets, maybe even a folder knife sheath.

Hey Biker,

I've made quite a few items out of cowboy boot top leather....a knife sheath would be interesting to say the least. I'm also tempted to make a dog collar, another guitar strap, spur straps,....who knows?...I'll come up with something different for the next project. Right now I'm contemplating a new tooled belt for myself...just so I can show off my carving and tooling skills....then it's off to work on more cowboy boot holsters!