My first lined holster, this one in pigskin, because I had some, and tried out the cut lines with seeder at the corners. I learned a LOT on this one. The next one will be much improved. 6/7oz leather, thin pigskin, 25% mahogany 25% burgundy and 50% alcohol. (Fiebings).Finished with a few sprayed coats of Resolene 50%. Oh, and Fiebings edge paint in dark brown. 3 coats with sanding between coats. No welt, made the dimensions so I wouldn't have to. I found that I prefer the strap with snap. This is my second with the hammer strap, not my favorite.

686two.jpg

Good looking holster.

Nice job Jeff - looks like a S&W in there with really nice stag horn grips!

Gary

Thanks, guys!  I didn't realize I didn't put the ID of the shootin' iron in the post! It's a 686+ 4".  The stag grips are by "The Executioner". (His SASS name). He used to be local to me but has since moved up to Wyoming. Still not far. I have two sets of his grips on my Smiths.

Here's his grips on my Model 10.

M10holster_gun.JPG

I like both holsters and those S&W’s!  I have two Model 10’s and a Model 64 that I want to make holsters for - just ordered a Model 10 blue gun.  I’ll post pics when I have something to show!

Gary

@alpha2, great looking holsters, I as wondering how the geo grid would look when finished, turned out great!  My next project is a western rig for a S&W 357mag model 19...I'm sure it'll be a learning experience...

The first one is always the hardest. Can't wait to see your western rig.

Nice work on both of those.

thanks, Bob!