Well after a few years of hard wear the old wallet gave up and fell apart so i decided to desighn and make a new one

Basic_tools_to_make_a_wallet_Gro_e_Webansicht.jpg IMG_0196_Gro_e_Webansicht.jpg IMG_0200_Gro_e_Webansicht.jpg IMG_0203_Gro_e_Webansicht.jpg IMG_0207_Gro_e_Webansicht.jpg IMG_0208_Gro_e_Webansicht.jpg IMG_0213_Gro_e_Webansicht.jpg IMG_0212_Gro_e_Webansicht.jpg

post-1381-1183123428_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1183123442_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1183123452_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1183123464_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1183123478_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1183123509_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1183123530_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1183123543_thumb.jpg

Very nice walk through Don.

Is that yellow dye or Cova you used on there?

belive it or not there is no dyes at all, i dont dye a lot of colourefull leatherwork so instead of buying all the colours just for one item i used permanent markers it doesnt wear off and is easier to use and cheaper ... i did a trial piece on a piece of scrap and oiled and rubed and it stood up to the test

Very nice! Thanks for sharing both the "before" and "after" pics! :)

Regards, -Alex

Very cool ,Don! Is it hand sticthed or machine? I like the use of the markers,too.

it is machine stitched i have a machine that will handel up to about 3-4 mm thickness but very really use it as it will only work well with polly thread and the most prodjects i do i use hanf thread and it breaks to easy in the machine.... the markers are a good idea as they do cover without strokes or lines and it doesnt rub off once its dry hence permanent markers

the leather is 1.5mm thick

That's really nice Don. I especially like the interior. You don't usually see much custom work on the inside. Another great project. Keep up the good work.

Keep on Smilin

Jim

WOW !!! no really WOW !!!

That just blows my mind. Nice work man. Love all the in progress pics.

Very nice work and a great post, with the progessive pics, thanks.

Well after a few years of hard wear the old wallet gave up and fell apart so i decided to desighn and make a new one

Basic_tools_to_make_a_wallet_Gro_e_Webansicht.jpg IMG_0196_Gro_e_Webansicht.jpg IMG_0200_Gro_e_Webansicht.jpg IMG_0203_Gro_e_Webansicht.jpg IMG_0207_Gro_e_Webansicht.jpg IMG_0208_Gro_e_Webansicht.jpg IMG_0213_Gro_e_Webansicht.jpg IMG_0212_Gro_e_Webansicht.jpg

Howdy Don, Great looling Billfold. I was looking at the border tooling and i have the exact

tool, the only marking on my tool is the # 8. thought it very unsual same tool this many

miles apart.

Luke.... :cowboy:

do you mean the embossing wheel on the inside? if so it is an old and popular patern used way back in the old west by saddlers up until a few years back McMillan used to make them i belive thats how the name is spelt not sure though, i have heard that they are no longer in buisness as friends off mine have tried to order tools from them and couldent get through, they made them in different sizes i have the larger one so if anny one knows where i could get the small embossing wheel please let me know as over here you dont find them, Don

Yes the embossing wheel is what i am refering to. I was told it could have been used in the Book Binding Business.The part of the world that you are in would be a place for these tools to be found. How would you have liked to have spent some time on the "101 Ranch"

My ailas In SASS is Cactus Luke...(#26182)

yes i would off like to spend some time on the 101 ranch, that was a fantastique wild west show with great history, you dont live in the area do you?

howdy pard. No i do not live in that area, I am on the bank of

the mighty Mississippi River, Memphis Tn. :cowboy:

don cool tooling and coloring on the wallet.would markers hold up well in the rain and such to.without wearing out.or smudging.thanks

dan

i dont know if it would stand up to weathering, i could do an experiment for a couple of days and let you know, i do know that it doesnt smudg once it has dried

IMG_0215_Gro_e_Webansicht.jpg

Here is a pic of the markers and a sample piece that i put in the rain all day the leather was untreated

IMG_0216_Gro_e_Webansicht.jpg

after drying out there is a little run on the red but the rest of the colours are ok

post-1381-1183546288_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1183546308_thumb.jpg

thanks don for taking the time and doing that..i wondered if the leather was treated with a pecards and left rain if they would hold up a little better?

thanks don for taking the time and doing that..i wondered if the leather was treated with a pecards and left rain if they would hold up a little better?
DON WOULD THOSE MARKERS BEEN BOUGHT IN GERMANY ?

If i tried to find a marker like those in the States surley all permanent markers

would be the same . :cowboy:

DON WOULD THOSE MARKERS BEEN BOUGHT IN GERMANY ?

If i tried to find a marker like those in the States surley all permanent markers

would be the same . :cowboy:

Thanks anyway... I just came back from an Arts & Craft store

Sharpie makes a permanent marker.