Stetson912

My first floral design

I've tried my hand at drawing a floral pattern. I need to improve a lot with everything. It's a new process to me. I wasn't going to use both of these together just one or the other. I know there's a lot of background. Something g to work on. Thoughts and critiques welcome. Thanks!

20180506_224427-1241x1470.jpg

IMHO

You done a nice job. With the design style you decided on, I don't think you have too much background. 

How you finish that background will be the determining factor.

My hands are not steady enough to do much hand drawing anymore. When I do a new pattern etc. it is usually with the computer.

I appreciate anyone who can draw. My wife and youngest daughter are excellent artists.

Ferg

Thanks @Ferg, I would like to learn how to do it on the computer but I can't seem to figure it out lol

Looks as good as any aid template I've ever seen @Stetson912. Kudos for making your own!

Thanks munky! I'm still working on getting the fill better and flow better. But it's a start. 

You have a couple things going for you.  Ferg mentioned background, and I agree with him that you have done a good job with having about the right amount of background filler.  Your flow is good, and the balance looks good.  I'm going to make two comments: one, your flowers and leaves seem to be just second thoughts.  Your wavy leaf on the right is how your other two leaves should appear.  It's center stem is part of your overall design.   The heart shaped leaves do not seem to be connected to the stem like you wavy leaf.  Also, your flowers aren't connected with a bulb or stem.  They are just there.  One last comment (and I know I said two things), if you get a French curve, you'll make better curved lines with your design.  Believe me, it's hard to transfer your image to leather if you aren't working with nice flowing lines to begin with. 

Good work, Ron

@Goldshot Ron, thanks for the input. I will have try to make my stems more convincing. And the French curve is a good idea I will look for one. Thanks!

Other than a blueprint shop catering to builders, you can find the French Curve in Michael's some times or Amazon. Lol

Ferg