Mocivnik

need a pancake pattern for 6 inch hunting knife

Looking for something such as this, anyone got any?

jm0u9pd.jpg

I don’t have a pattern but Bruce Cheney has some videos on making them on YouTube 

To be honest your best bet is to make your own pattern. That way you can make it specifically for the knife in question.

10 minutes ago, glockanator said:

To be honest your best bet is to make your own pattern. That way you can make it specifically for the knife in question.

This.  And its easy.  Just trace the knife blade with a pencil and use that to create a welt.  The rest is decoration.

On 5/8/2018 at 7:44 PM, Mocivnik said:

Looking for something such as this, anyone got any?

jm0u9pd.jpg

it almost looks like that knife is in there permanently...without seeing the blade/hilt setup, that looks to me like you would have to cut through the stitches on the left side of knife/right side of belt hole to get the blade out...probably just my eyes/brain playing tricks on me...lol.

26 minutes ago, koreric75 said:

it almost looks like that knife is in there permanently...without seeing the blade/hilt setup, that looks to me like you would have to cut through the stitches on the left side of knife/right side of belt hole to get the blade out...probably just my eyes/brain playing tricks on me...lol.

I was wondering about that too. How does the belly come out of that sheath without cutting the hell out of that sheath? 

So, we're all thinking the same thing on those sheaths. 
Best make your own pattern! I've made a bunch, all for the specific knife. It's much easier than with a holster and a firearm. (If guns were flat, holsters would be EASY!!!)

Just remember to think about what the blade will do when you insert, and draw the blade.

Jeff

Edited by alpha2

4 hours ago, immiketoo said:

This.  And its easy.  Just trace the knife blade with a pencil and use that to create a welt.  The rest is decoration.

True story.  There are a lot of variables with knives and I would be willing to bet you will get a lot better fit if you make your own pattern.  Post up pics once you knock it out!