Made a couple of new swivel knives 100% hand made no purchase shtuff.. 6061 aluminum body and saddle, 20180511_194324_resized.jpg.772e660627996c0afda1e7ce896d4828.jpgbrass body and 304 SS saddle. 20180511_194341_resized.jpg.47d5becbb5fa405b1c10afed30308214.jpgBoth sporting 4140 HT blades made by me.20180511_194252_resized.jpg.c3a1e2902003a6f83738083122af9d99.jpg.needed somthing skinnier than 1/2" and 5/8" that's what my other hand made barrels are, so I decided 3/8" was best.  Enjoy and as always comments are welcomed.

Sanch you are the metal magician. Well done sir.

Can you adjust the saddle height or are they fixed?

Doesn't matter, just curious.

Cool, they look really nice. I've been toying with the idea of building a couple but want to use ball bearings. I haven't researched that small of a bearing yet, any suggestions?

Those look fantastic.  Any issues gripping the smooth finish?  The saddles look quite comfortable.

YinTx

10 hours ago, Bodean said:

Sanch you are the metal magician. Well done sir.

Can you adjust the saddle height or are they fixed?

Doesn't matter, just curious.

Thanks, Fixed height. 

8 hours ago, JD62 said:

Cool, they look really nice. I've been toying with the idea of building a couple but want to use ball bearings. I haven't researched that small of a bearing yet, any suggestions?

Thanks,  look for micro bearings, these have none only tight tolerances and synth grease. IMHO I feel that bearings and spinning the saddle for 2 minutes straight thing are over hyped selling points, as long as you can get a smooth action from the barrel you're golden.  The blade angle, sharpness, and  polish are key.

8 hours ago, YinTx said:

Those look fantastic.  Any issues gripping the smooth finish?  The saddles look quite comfortable.

YinTx

I prefer the smooth finish over an knurl finish anyday day even if the knurl and is not aggressive. No issues at all for me. Thanks for the kind words.

31 minutes ago, Sanch said:

IMHO I feel that bearings and spinning the saddle for 2 minutes straight thing are over hyped selling points, as long as you can get a smooth action from the barrel you're golden.  

Truth.  But I sure like spinning them :)

55 minutes ago, immiketoo said:

Truth.  But I sure like spinning them :)

To each his own... fidget spinner how many do you own :) lol!

6 minutes ago, Sanch said:

To each his own... fidget spinner how many do you own :) lol!

Leather fidgets?  About 30.  Some are more swivelly than others.  

Beautiful work. I have a love of brass. The brass one looks beautiful and very comfortable. Thank you for sharing. Do you make them for sale?

3 hours ago, bullmoosepaddles said:

Beautiful work. I have a love of brass. The brass one looks beautiful and very comfortable. Thank you for sharing. Do you make them for sale?

I do not. Sorry.

34 minutes ago, Sanch said:

I do not. Sorry.

Such a tease...

1 minute ago, immiketoo said:

Such a tease...

Lol yea yea 

Custom tools for custom leather...

Beautiful work! Do you mind explaining the process of securing the blade to the bearing? I understand that the bearing can be installed on the tight side for a pressure fit into the Harrell, but do you also press the blade into ihe bearing and it is held by pressure fit as well so 've there is no set screw? And do you mind sharing where you sourced your bearings? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

22 minutes ago, Whit30 said:

Beautiful work! Do you mind explaining the process of securing the blade to the bearing? I understand that the bearing can be installed on the tight side for a pressure fit into the Harrell, but do you also press the blade into ihe bearing and it is held by pressure fit as well so 've there is no set screw? And do you mind sharing where you sourced your bearings? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

These 2 have no bearings at all.