Here is some pictures of a drawing and the tooling. When I draw a pattern I try to make the background area as small as as possible. Then when I trace the pattern I draw outside the lines. Then after beveling and bar grounding the background areas still come out to big. The bar grounding and dying take a lot of time and the smaller the area the less work on pieces like this anyway. There is four of these. They are 2IMG_0887.thumb.JPG.9ecc40492eede97f168a5de05eb646af.JPGIMG_0888.thumb.JPG.88d83654c87924fb25868473cee58319.JPG bench seat covers going in a 71 International Harvester Travel All. The Logo was suppose to be tooled into the big piece but when I was laying it on top to see where we wanted to put it they asked if I could just sew that piece on top for some depth. Black outside with the Choc. Light Brown tooling. The basket weave border will be red with the I red and the H black. Not sure about the area around area around the IH.  

IMG_0882.JPG

IMG_0889.JPG

Edited by Tim Schroeder
Add picture

Wow!

Your work is absolutely amazing.

WOW! That is gorgeous. Lucky old Traveall.

Beautiful work Tim!  I would not want to sit on them for fear of ruining all your work!

Gary

Very nice work.

Bravo, Tim, as always.

Are they going to go 4-wheeling, getting stuck in bogs and mudholes and streams with that gorgeous tooling on their seats?! Brave souls!

As someone who also works to minimize the amount of bargrounding in my floral designs, I think you are doing a great job.  You have less barground space in your designs than I have in mine.  I think it looks pretty good.

Bob