Had a friend who wanted 2 new belts for her hubby, . . . anniversary gift.

Here is what she got.  Just a couple new additions to the "finished" leather work of this world.

May God bless,

Dwight

new belt 1.JPG

new belt 2.JPG

new belt 3.JPG

Nicely done Dwight.

Very nice

Love the contrasting stitch patterns.

Thanks for the good words, guys, . . . this was a fun project.

Even got another buddy to react in a fake conversation where we got the new owner of the belts, . . . to take off his belt so I could measure it.

We agreed that just because a guy wore 36 jeans didn't mean his belt was a 36.  Proved it when the pidgeon's belt turned out to be a 39 while he's wearing 36 jeans.

Anyway, . . . we pulled one over on him, . . . but once he gets the belts, . . . he'll put it all together.

Those are my favorite belts to make as well, . . . and of course all stitched on the "Boss".

May God bless,

Dwight

Very nice! 

How do you trace the sewing pattern?  How do you prevent presser foot marks on the leather when sewing?  Thanks!

5afadb77ee2b9_lazystitchguide1.JPG.c0bf32c4dce81979606df8425d03026e.JPG

3 hours ago, gigi said:

Very nice! 

How do you trace the sewing pattern?  How do you prevent presser foot marks on the leather when sewing?  Thanks!

Let me answer the second question first:  I use a Tippmann Boss sewing machine, . . . and the presser foot is just tightened enough to work, . . . but not put deep marks on my work.  It will in certain holster work I do, . . . but I just rub them out with my finger or a bone tool.

But the sewing pattern is another question.

In the first picture you see my pattern making tools and a short piece of belt blank.

lazy stitch guide 1.JPG

In the second picture the pattern is placed over the belt blank.  It is purposely under sized by about 1/16th of an inch so I can visually see it is in the center of the blank.  This one pattern can make both the fish tail pattern I put on the black belt, . . . and the lazy stitch pattern I used for the brown one.

lazy stitch guide 2.JPG

The third picture shows me marking the points on the belt blank.

lazy stitch guide 3.JPG

The last picture shows that I have used the wooden pattern and the gouging tool to make the pattern on the leather.  This is simply then stitched onto the blank, . . . and I don't tie off the ends, . . . I lay them out flat in the contact cement (about an inch long), . . . and when the belt is put together, . . . the stitches are not going to move.

lazy stitch guide 4.JPG

Hope this helps, may God bless,

Dwight

Edited by Dwight

Very nice Dwight. 

Really nice belts Dwight!  And thank you for the tips!

Awesome way to get a belt measurement!  Great looking belts also!

YinTx

I have a real problem with those belts.    I can't decide which I like better, since they both look great.   And thanks for sharing your layout tricks!

-Bill