Tried my hand at a cat collar, had a model that generally does not like to wear a collar.  Let me know what ya'll think!  Will try a narrower version for the next time... still looking for a good source of small buckles for this kind of application.

CatCollar1.thumb.jpg.25aaf37dba6e52ad36c1dc47f4574d90.jpg

CatCollar2.thumb.jpg.9f898567ddf1fe112eb3bf4fe5bb5e91.jpg

CatCollar3.thumb.jpg.99b9576f190a29a942efd8efbf22971c.jpg

YinTx

I think it looks pretty cool wider than a "conventional" cat collar. Your model seems to be pretty amenable to it.

What collar, I'm just digging the cat.  My daughter has a Tortie, great cats.

1 hour ago, Old Coach Saddlery said:

Nice! and I like the kitty too. She looks sweet. :)

She is, and a total character.  Will carry on a conversation with you if you want.

50 minutes ago, battlemunky said:

I think it looks pretty cool wider than a "conventional" cat collar. Your model seems to be pretty amenable to it.

Thanks.  She did seem to like it, which was a surprise, as she doesn't usually tolerate collars at all.

14 minutes ago, Tugadude said:

What collar, I'm just digging the cat.  My daughter has a Tortie, great cats.

Thanks for that bit of info!  Never even heard of a Tortoiseshell cat until you called it out!  My brother brought her in as a stray, and she won't leave now.  He's not really a cat person, but they get along like rum and coke - a match made in Heaven.

YinTx

BTW, she posed with that thing, made sure I had photos of all three sides.  somethin else.  I think she was disappointed when I removed it...

Watch band buckles would probably be good for this kind of project

The collar looked very nice.  My two cats are strictly indoor residents and they don't wear collars.  Torties are almost exclusively female.  Just an interesting trivia bit.  Glad things are working out for your brother and the cat.  Given a chance, a good cat will win your heart.  And don't believe people when they say cats aren't affectionate.  They are extremely affectionate, but generally on their own terms.  Except for Alphie, who comes when I call him, and I think believes he is a dog.

Love it ,.     And my wife said no to me making a alligator vest for my cat. Maybe I'll make a alligator collar. 

I found some small buckles at Strapworks and Ohio Travel Bag...  the watchband idea is a really good one too.