RichardPorley

19th century Hugo Werteim shoe patcher

Thanks Richard

That's it... err ...I think the spring flew off somewhere during moving it ... easy enough to replace.. thanks again 

Glad I could help,

Cheers.

Richard.

Hi  New member to this Forum as of today 

I have just  researched and found  your restoration of the Hugo Wertheim  Boot Patcher  .I have an Identical machine in overall nice condition  .

However it has a few issues   ,The Rack is damaged and broken, the Shuttle drive gear is well worn   and the Shuttle Hook is missing.

I would like to get this machine operating   at some point but  realise parts are scarce 

regards Phil Jenner

Adelaide S.A.

H.W. Broken Rack  and Shuttle  .jpg

H.W. Broken Rack .jpg

My Machine as found and stored  and after a cleanup

Hugo Wertheim As found 2.jpg

snipHugo.JPG

Hugo Wertheim As found 3.JPG

Hi sparkey45, that's a nice find, you are right about the parts being scarce, the rack  and gear would not be hard to repair or make, the hook is the hardest, there is a guy on e-bay that I bought my base from worth asking he has other bases so it is possible he

may have an wrecked machine you may get parts from, worth a try. here is the e-bay link,

cheers,

Richard.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ANTIQUE-1890-CAST-IRON-BOOT-PATCHER-TREADLE-SEWING-MACHINE-SOLD-AS-PART-DISPLAY/274038310771?hash=item3fcdf4c773:g:bd8AAOSwutlb1F7K&frcectupt=true

2 hours ago, RichardPorley said:

Hi sparkey45, that's a nice find, you are right about the parts being scarce, the rack  and gear would not be hard to repair or make, the hook is the hardest, there is a guy on e-bay that I bought my base from worth asking he has other bases so it is possible he

may have an wrecked machine you may get parts from, worth a try. here is the e-bay link,

cheers,

Richard.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ANTIQUE-1890-CAST-IRON-BOOT-PATCHER-TREADLE-SEWING-MACHINE-SOLD-AS-PART-DISPLAY/274038310771?hash=item3fcdf4c773:g:bd8AAOSwutlb1F7K&frcectupt=true

Hi  Richard Thanks for the follow up and reply .

I will contact  the ebay seller and enquire   The gear and rack  really do not pose much problem   

Is 7 teeth  correct for the shuttle  drive gear  .and perhaps its diameter if you have it listed in your notes?

If you had Technical Drawings of the Shuttle  I have a friend  who m is prepared to make it ? 

regards Phil Jenner

Edited by sparkey45
added another question

22 hours ago, sparkey45 said:

Hi  Richard Thanks for the follow up and reply .

I will contact  the ebay seller and enquire   The gear and rack  really do not pose much problem   

Is 7 teeth  correct for the shuttle  drive gear  .and perhaps its diameter if you have it listed in your notes?

If you had Technical Drawings of the Shuttle  I have a friend  who m is prepared to make it ? 

regards Phil Jenner

checked  with the ebay seller  Nothing at all, he is selling his deceased dads   stuff

Hi Phil, sorry I don't have any drawings of the shuttle, I just made it to suit the carrier, your friend may be able to follow the pics here to get the idea how I made mine, and my carrier has 8 teeth not seven, also the rack looks longer than yours as well, from what I have seen  I think this machines were all made different,

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

cheers 

Richard. 

20180512_145536B.jpg

3 hours ago, RichardPorley said:

Hi Phil, sorry I don't have any drawings of the shuttle, I just made it to suit the carrier, your friend may be able to follow the pics here to get the idea how I made mine, and my carrier has 8 teeth not seven, also the rack looks longer than yours as well, from what I have seen  I think this machines were all made different,

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

cheers 

Richard. 

20180512_145536B.jpg

Thanks again Richard