Sign in to follow this  
MatthewD

Purse Pattern?

I am going to attempt to make a purse for my wife but I am lost on where to start. I would figure I would need a pattern to work by but does anyone have any suggestions on where to find some? or any help would be more than welcome

Thanks

Matt

Step one would be to ask the wife exactly what she wants in a purse, what features she would find handy (pocket for cell phone, ring for keys, zippered compartments etc) then ask if she wants to carry the purse by a handle or straps or both etc... Get her input on where to beigin, and she'll reward you with using the purse when it's done.

Johanna

Step one would be to ask the wife exactly what she wants in a purse, what features she would find handy (pocket for cell phone, ring for keys, zippered compartments etc) then ask if she wants to carry the purse by a handle or straps or both etc... Get her input on where to beigin, and she'll reward you with using the purse when it's done.Johanna

Although, failure to do so does create future garage sale items!!

Personal observation! :eusa_naughty:

For patterns, you might want to look at your local fabric store. They have many patterns which can easily be adapted for use with leather.

Thanks for the help. I have been asking her what she wants in a purse... not getting too many answers and Major I will take a look an see what I can find

Major,

If she has a purse that she uses every day now, you can design it around that one. This way she will most likely use it. I know from experience that women are very particular about the purses they are willing to carry.

Ken