Hi all,

I'm new around here. Thanks to all the knowledge here, I did some research and think a Consew 206RB will suit all my current  leather sewing needs. It just so happens that a 206RB-2 showed up about an hour from me and I picked it up last night. They were asking $400 and I got it for $350. If has the original manual, parts list, and whole Consew catalog from that time. It sat for about 2 years after the original owner passed away. His wife was wanting it to be put to good use so she sold it. It's in pretty good shape mechanically. Needs a little cleaning.

I have two questions. 

1. I've searched around and can't find anything about the time period the 206RB-2s were produced. The manual and catalog didn't have a date and I can't find anything online. Does anyone know the time period for that model?

2. It sat for 2 years and was heavily oiled on the bottom. All that oil picked up a good bit of dust and grime. What is the best way to clean all the parts and re-oil them?

i look forward to being a part of this community and learning a lot.

Thanks!

IMG_3459.JPG

IMG_3458.JPG

Edited by AlexanderTheOkay

Nice Machine.  I had a 206RB-1 and it was built like a tank.  I learned on a 226 with a paddle lever, and never could get used to the upward direction on the 206 reverse lever.  It's amazing how many times I reached over without looking and tried to press that lever down!  

I know this machine well.  Made in Japan, by Seiko Sewing Machine Co., Ltd.  What's the serial Number?

Also, for dust, use if you can compressed air, and then oil with stainless sewing oil.

Hi Alexander

I hope you dont mind me reviving this thread, and I am hoping your email gets notified about posts.

I noticed you mentioned your 206 RB-2 came with its original documents, including the manual. I have searched everywhere online for an RB-2 manual and I cant find it! Would there be any chance you would be willing to digitize yours? I think it would be a great addition to the internet and I would appreciate it so much.

Thanks,
Mike

Edited by ensitmike