Still at it and learning as I go. Top one is a 4.5 inch coaster. It has pigskin on bottom side amd it  worked out great. the dye and clear coat was a wreck to say the least. Still have some spacing issues I want to work on and then get my bead lines looking better and some other stuff

The two holsters are my  cut out pattern and i keep making small changes to the pattern every time but I think that it is getting very close to what I want on this type of holster. They are similar to a cowboy fast draw type pattern.  I learn a few things every time I make one so hopefully the next one looks even better. The edges on the fold over holster were not finished up in this photo . Any comments would be great.

20180518_182715-750x1000.jpg

20180509_211710-1008x756.jpg

Edited by 3248tm
Add more info

Keep it up, it's all looking good. 

Din Gonzales has a really good video on antiqueing leather.

Those look great, I had a rough time with the antique and top finish as well, o started doing the antiquing in the same manner as before, put it on and take off the raised areas with a stiff piece of leather with a paper towel wrapped around it (more like scraping it off the top), let it dry then spray my top finish on, let dry good then buff...I really like the way you got the spacing on the coaster where the corners end up leaving a spade shape.

Great looking work on those holsters.Want to do a full rig for my single action gear one day.Keep at it

G'Day, No complaints here, they look beautiful .

Antiquing was a challenge for me once upon a time, but now I have the hang of it. I've by no means  mastered it,I still make ' mistooks' ,   but my  antiqued projects looks so much nicer  these days, thanks to a bit of info I got from this site :) 

I have a bag full of my little sample pieces like you have there. One day I'll mount them all in an album of some kind for advertising &  showing off  purposes . 

but well done on those. 

HS