I left my Toro 3000 on too long just forgot about it .Went to use it and it won't work . I have the red light at the switch and nothing else.Have I killed the motor by leaving it on too long ? 

What make and type of motor is on your Toro? If it's a servo, leaving it on shouldn't make any difference as no serious current flows until it is spinning. If it is a clutch motor, it generates heat all the time it is on and could overheat if not properly cooled.

Unplug it, leave it sit for a while, then try again.  May have to re-do the setup.  This happened to someone else on the forum, but don't remember who or when.  Another party had damage due to lightning strike nearby when it was left turned on.  Some electronics seem to be very sensitive to power line transients.

Good luck/

Tom

What do you mean by "too long"? Electronics are generally pretty reliable these days so leaving it on shouldn't normally be an issue. I left one of my servos on for over a day with no problems. Look for a fuse, most likely on the back of the control box, and check that, if that's ok try what Tom said and unplug it for a while. If it still doesn't work then it's most likely been damaged by a power surge or spike on the line. Sometimes, if you know what you're doing and you're very lucky, you can open up the control box and may see a damaged component that can be replaced - but these days you've got to be real lucky for that to work!

From what I've found you can't buy the control box separately, only consolation is complete servos are relatively cheap.

Edited by dikman