AJ2018

Savage Mark II F .22 Buttstock+Nick Cover

just started a new project for my Savage Mark II F .22 Rifle Buttstock + Nick Cover, I still have not finished my Browning x-bolt project as I am waiting for some parts from the net.

enjoy.

cheers,

A.J

Savage_MarkII_F_1.jpg

Savage_MarkII_F_2.jpg

Savage_MarkII_F_3.jpg

More Beautiful Pictures of the Savage Mark II F .22 Rifle Buttstock + Neck + Pad Cover

still waiting for some tools from the net to cut some straps and punch holes into the leather for some eyelets and its done.

cheers,

A.J

SavageMarkII_F_2.jpg

SavageMarkII_F_4.jpg

SavageMarkII_F_3.jpg

Second successful project for Savage mark II F .22 LR Rifle Buttstock image the I just cut using the knife.

also the second image shows how I make these template using complex 3D features with Solidworks.

more projects are pending, on the top is my Browning x-bolt SS Stalker that I am making a leather lace for it, will add the final picture for the Browning x-bolt soon.

cheers,

A.J

Bald-Eagle.jpg

Solidworks_Template_maker..jpg

Design for the left side of the Savage Mark II F .22 rifle stock.

come on guys, lets see what you have, its nice to share information.

enjoy.

cheers,

AJ

Savage_mark_II_F_LS_shape.jpg

Interesting projects, but how do you get a template from the computer picture shown on the screen?  Do you click a button and have the computer spit out a flat template of what is on the screen so you can cut it out? Too high tech for me!

Gary

On 6/6/2018 at 3:33 AM, garypl said:

Interesting projects, but how do you get a template from the computer picture shown on the screen?  Do you click a button and have the computer spit out a flat template of what is on the screen so you can cut it out? Too high tech for me!

Gary

Hi Gary,

not sure if you got my last feedback about your question, because I don't see it here now, but i will repeat, the procedure to convert the computer screen sketch you see above from 3D to 2D is indeed a very long and complex procedure, but for me as a certified solideworks expert (passed the expert exam) i had to go through all the steps and come up with the 2D template. I would say drafting it from ground zero using solidworks takes alot of skills and math but i had to post the computer pic above to display the public how do i do it.

its nice to see other share what they have and exchange data.

cheers,

A.J

Edited by AJ2018

does anyone know where can i get the best grommets setter tool for 5mm grommet, reason i am planing to use grommet over eyelets is because eyelets might leave scar on the buttstock as they don't come out clean after pressing them in, but instead i found grommets are safer to use.

i am looking to get a clean fully round grommets after pressing it so it wont leave a scar on the stock when pulling the lace through.

thanks for your input everyone.

cheers,

A.J

Like I said - too much computer involved in these projects for me!  

I think any grommet setting tool will work for you.  Check the craft stores near you or look online - should not have any problem finding a reasonably priced setter.

Gary

5 minutes ago, garypl said:

Like I said - too much computer involved in these projects for me!  

I think any grommet setting tool will work for you.  Check the craft stores near you or look online - should not have any problem finding a reasonably priced setter.

Gary

Thanks Gary

Does anyone know why faded dye marks are left around my design ? , I knifed the design then I dyed it with alcohol based dye and when it dried out it showed the faded marks around the design, It looks like an offset marks from the design , did this happen to anyone before ? What causes it so I can fix the problem in later projects .

Thanks 

43 minutes ago, AJ2018 said:

Does anyone know why faded dye marks are left around my design ? , I knifed the design then I dyed it with alcohol based dye and when it dried out it showed the faded marks around the design, It looks like an offset marks from the design , did this happen to anyone before ? What causes it so I can fix the problem in later projects .

Thanks 

Picture would be helpful...

On 2018-06-08 at 3:29 AM, garypl said:

Picture would be helpful...

Hi Gary, here is a pic, the dye I am using is Fiebing alcohols based dye. 

Notice the ring marks left around the design. What is causing that ? Can it be fixed or should I cut a new piece.

cheers,

A.J

2C8F022F-151C-4318-8EB8-E411EF114995.jpeg

some more pictures , still have to stitch the pad that is why i still have stitches on the holes. this cover has a different beautiful color finish as you see. but the color mix ratio is hard to get without having paint experience.

what do you think guys, lets see what you got and lets learn from each others.

cheers,

A.J2018

Sav_proj2.jpg