immiketoo

Introduction to Adobe Illustrator

Someone here in this site once said to me, "A perfect pattern equals a perfect product." What if you could create a perfect pattern every time you needed one? Resize an existing pattern with ease?

On July 11, 2018 at 8PM Eastern time, join Dave Skinner for his ground breaking class on how to use Adobe Illustrator to create perfect patterns quickly and easily.

Just one look at the beautiful advertisements he created for this class shows the level of skill Dave brings to the table at Learnleather!

Click the link below to register for class.

https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/1501577032464758018

LL-AI-Course-Ad.jpg

LL-AI-Course-Bio.jpg

I am very interested in this class as I already use AI but it's like battling a dragon every time (even if I get a permanent pattern out of the process).  I only have one question.  Does my butt need to be in front of my AI capable computer, or can I watch this on my tablet at the coffee shop and get a link to review the video (repeatedly)?

Thanks.

- SunLynx

15 hours ago, SunLynx said:

I am very interested in this class as I already use AI but it's like battling a dragon every time (even if I get a permanent pattern out of the process).  I only have one question.  Does my butt need to be in front of my AI capable computer, or can I watch this on my tablet at the coffee shop and get a link to review the video (repeatedly)?

Thanks.

- SunLynx

Typically, you just observe the classes and watch the recording at your leisure.  Thats up to you, but I would choose coffee every time!

10 hours ago, LatigoAmigo said:

I've signed up. Illustrator is a powerful program, and this looks like a very interesting class...

Dave is a tru professional.  He breaks down the process so its easy and repeatable.  I struggle too with this application, and after a few minutes  I was able to finish my pattern successfully an d even modify it later.  I highly recommend this one.

I have always wanted to learn how to use AI

7 minutes ago, AdamPCain said:

I have always wanted to learn how to use AI

Having just been shown myself, this is invaluable for leatherworkers in my opinion.  Perfect, repeatable patterns, every time.

Is there a free trial of AI, or has anyone ever used inkscaped.

14 minutes ago, AdamPCain said:

Here is the link to the free trial:  https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/illustrator?store_code=gr&promoid=Y69SGWKS&mv=other&origref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.adobe.com%2Fgr_en%2Fproducts%2Fillustrator.html

On 29/05/2018 at 2:33 AM, AdamPCain said:

I use inkscape for all my 2D design work.  Ivydraw is a good mobile version for tablets (when you just have to sketch it right now)

21 minutes ago, LatigoAmigo said:

Does Inkscape have "offset paths"? It is a feature of Illustrator that I find invaluable for creating seam allowances.

It does indeed, i'd never played with that part until you asked. I'll have to start using it now. I drew a complex shape and used the 'linked offset' feature. It allows you to drag an expanding (or shrinking) copy of your shape away from (or towards) the centre of the original.