Sign in to follow this  
Raksha

Tips for charity projects

Hi there, I don't know if I am in the right subforum for this, but I have a question about tips for easy small beginner projects. I am going to sell them for charity on a local event 27. july this summer. And I need som inspiration on what to make. 

Here are some things I have made allready and are going to duplucate and give a better edge finish and so on. 

Coin purse ( I dont really know if I leagaly can sell this? Boght the pattern on ebay...) 

42309219491_fa8000c6bf_k.jpg

Braded collar 
42309108531_27496508ac_k.jpg 

Have a few collar design I can use. 

And bracelet 40688579450_814aa595d8_k.jpg (This one is made in a hurry for my soon to be five years old daughter, I am working on getting the flowers and hearts better cut)

I thoght of some keyholder or something like that... But I am out of inspiration. 

One more question if I may.  What is this type of work called? An where can I find a better instruction? 

41794720974_15b6765fd5_k.jpg

Making simple stamped keychains are also fun and easy, plus you can use scraps from other projects. You just need to pick up a bunch of stainless steel keyrings, rivets or  eyelets. Many design possibilities, even some that pull double-duty as deployable iPhone stands/holders.

I have keyrings  :D  So it is just the design part I am stuck. 

One more thing :)
Mystery braids!

But that bracelet you show is not super complex, it's actually just cut perpendicular strips and then they weaved in a lace strap of equal width to the slits down the middle.

bracelet-slits.jpg

Edited by Bonecross

Thanks! I use mystery braids on collars, but have to make som bracelets too :D  

Have to try that one too :D  I love the diversity in leather works! 

>> a one-card wallet with a key chain attached. Sew two pieces of soft thin leather together; each just slightly larger than a standard credit/debit bank card. Cut one top corner off at an angle on one piece of leather only, on the opposite top corner attach a chain or something with a split ring attached to that - or use a sail eyelet and attach the split ring right to the wallet. You'll need to fettle the design to get it to work out

>> more coin purses, and more coin purses. if your price is right you'll sell plenty. I have the plans for a simple semi-circular coin purse. One piece is circular, another piece is semi-circular; sew or lace together. A simple popper holds the unused semi-c to the attached semi-c for closure

>> hot cup wraps. a patterned or worked leather piece for a disposable coffee or tea cup [the type you get in Starbucks or McD] to sit in

Thanks! Both of you :D :D   

I hate the pricing part though... It is hard to price things. 

3 hours ago, Raksha said:

Coin purse ( I don't really know if I legally can sell this? Bought the pattern on ebay...) 

Only the pattern is copyright.  You can make as many as you want for sale or gifts. You just can't copy and sell the pattern.

Tom

1 minute ago, Northmount said:

Only the pattern is copyright.  You can make as many as you want for sale or gifts. You just can't copy and sell the pattern.

Tom

Thanks!  

This is the "ready" items so far. Not completly happy with the bloodknot keychain, might redo them. 

41801573874_d972ea4fb2_k.jpg

42524204981_6b92631f46_k.jpg

There was a plan of a coin purse on this blog from somebody, which I made a few of. You can see the finished product beside my round knife case.

I apologise for not knowing who the original post came from. If I have breached any protocols, Mods please delete my post.

coinpurse1.pdf

swivel knife case and coin purse.jpg

Thank you :D  

Experimenting with coin purse :) 

28673069148_92ee7f569f_k.jpg

What is the charity?  If you can make them relate to the charity there's a good chance you'll sell more. 

On 18.6.2018 at 7:15 PM, rodneywt1180b said:

What is the charity?  If you can make them relate to the charity there's a good chance you'll sell more. 

Sorry my late replay. The charity is more awarens on mental healt among farmers. 

How did your charity go? I am also planning to do a project for the charity, so I am interested in organizing part of the details. It would be great if you will share them.

Edited by ValeryA19

On 6/2/2018 at 9:39 PM, Raksha said:

Hi there, I don't know if I am in the right subforum for this, but I have a question about tips for easy small beginner projects. I am going to sell them for charity on a local event 27. july this summer. And I need som inspiration on what to make. 

Here are some things I have made allready and are going to duplucate and give a better edge finish and so on. 

Coin purse ( I dont really know if I leagaly can sell this? Boght the pattern on ebay...)  By the way the idea of participatin the charity event came after reading several essays on charity that I found at  https://studyhippo.com/essay-examples/charity/ and thought that would be a great idea; to use my skills for charity.

42309219491_fa8000c6bf_k.jpg

Braded collar 
42309108531_27496508ac_k.jpg 

Have a few collar design I can use. 

And bracelet 40688579450_814aa595d8_k.jpg (This one is made in a hurry for my soon to be five years old daughter, I am working on getting the flowers and hearts better cut)

I thoght of some keyholder or something like that... But I am out of inspiration. 

One more question if I may.  What is this type of work called? An where can I find a better instruction? 

41794720974_15b6765fd5_k.jpg

I realized that OP was not here since 2019, so apparently, I will not get an answer, so apologies for bump this post.

Have a good day,

V.

7 minutes ago, ValeryA19 said:

I realized that OP was not here since 2019, so apparently, I will not get an answer, so apologies for bump this post.

Have a good day,

V.

start a new thread someone will help you out i'm sure.