Here is a bit of this weeks effort showing how a nice hair on hide becomes a tote.

Some purse accessories to come I guess...

DSC03026 IFB.JPG

DSC02651_resize.JPG

DSC02493 IFB_resize.JPG

DSC03046 IFB.JPG

DSC03086 IFB.JPG

DSC03000 IFB.JPG

Here is a couple more to show the leather lining and lay out

DSC02475 IFB.JPG

DSC02476 IFB.JPG

DSC03050 IFB.JPG

DSC03060 IFB.JPG

DSC03067 IFB.JPG

That is some fantastic work!  I really like the color combination.

YinTx

Beautiful!  What did you use for the liner?

Gary

Great stuff! I like the way the zipper is integrated too, and would like to make one like that at some point... the mrs always says that totes should have a way to close/lock.

Real pretty, I reckon those would moooove pretty quickly off the shelf!

Quality work there.

21 hours ago, YinTx said:

That is some fantastic work!  I really like the color combination.

YinTx

Thanks now I just need a customer that wants it Mooooor  @YinTx

20 hours ago, garypl said:

Beautiful!  What did you use for the liner?

Gary

Hi Gary, the lining is upholstery leather except for the inner pockets and the foam padding acts as a supple stiffner and is from Sekisui and is called Softlon 3002 which is 2mm thick.

2 minutes ago, RockyAussie said:

Hi Gary, the lining is upholstery leather except for the inner pockets and the foam padding acts as a supple stiffner and is from Sekisui and is called Softlon 3002 which is 2mm thick.

You are very talented!

On 6/4/2018 at 10:09 PM, Wedgetail said:

Great stuff! I like the way the zipper is integrated too, and would like to make one like that at some point... the mrs always says that totes should have a way to close/lock.

Real pretty, I reckon those would moooove pretty quickly off the shelf!

Thanks Wedgetail, The outer pattern's pretty simple really just a standard A3 sheet with 40 mm squares cut out of the bottom corners. Stitch up the edges 8mm in and then again 8mm across the bottom corners and bingo.  Patterning and putting in the zip stuff and it gets a whole lot my interesting:blink:. I hope it does mooooove soon or at least before one of me cows gets to see it :P

Edited by Northmount
changed A4 to A3 as per later post

13 hours ago, noobleather said:

Quality work there.

12 minutes ago, garypl said:

You are very talented!

Thanks for that. Amazing what you can do with these digital cameras and 100 odd shots. :P

43 minutes ago, RockyAussie said:

Thanks Wedgetail, The outer pattern's pretty simple really just a standard A4 sheet with 40 mm squares cut out of the bottom corners. Stitch up the edges 8mm in and then again 8mm across the bottom corners and bingo.  Patterning and putting in the zip stuff and it gets a whole lot my interesting:blink:. I hope it does mooooove soon or at least before one of me cows gets to see it :P

I bet! The lining seems intimidating too, not to make it too loose or too small... and that the pockets end up in the right place when you get it all stuck together.

2 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

Thanks Wedgetail, The outer pattern's pretty simple really just a standard A4 sheet with 40 mm squares cut out of the bottom corners. Stitch up the edges 8mm in and then again 8mm across the bottom corners and bingo.  Patterning and putting in the zip stuff and it gets a whole lot my interesting:blink:. I hope it does mooooove soon or at least before one of me cows gets to see it :P

Holly crrr...ap I just reread this and when I said A4 , I meant to say A3. I hope no one started something on that.:(. Sorry. With the lining until I did a few I left one end unstitched for a couple of inches and trial fitted it - marked the spot  and then stitched it all the way up.

Exudes quality and just great looking combination of materials. Care to share what leather you used on the bindings and straps? Like that.

The pads on the bottom have me scratching my head as to how you got them attached that cleanly. Least seen but impressive workmanship.

7 hours ago, Bugstruck said:

Exudes quality and just great looking combination of materials. Care to share what leather you used on the bindings and straps? Like that.

The pads on the bottom have me scratching my head as to how you got them attached that cleanly. Least seen but impressive workmanship.

Hi Bugstruck. Thanks for the compliment. The leather I used on the straps and binding is called Jungle and is an oil tan retan from East Coast Leather in Brisbane Australia. It comes in about 2.5mm and I split it to suit. The feet or the pads on the bottom you could see more of in an earlier post I did on this tote done into a patchwork style. Here is the link-

I'm told there may be a short Video in the instagram pics so here a link to it as well. https://www.instagram.com/wildharryaustralia/

Please ignore the bums in there....my daughter in law has been busy looking after the postings on that :unsure:. Lookin for a broader audience I am told.....:blahblahblah:

Very original, beautiful and high-quality product!

Every time I think I’m improving I see something like this and realise I have a long way to go!

This tote simply blows my mind. Superb workmanship and great taste!

beautiful and beautifully done. I don't think I've seen blood knots on lined leather before, it looks great. 
Love those 3d printed feet too

11 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

Please ignore the bums in there....my daughter in law has been busy looking after the postings on that :unsure:. Lookin for a broader audience I am told.....:blahblahblah:

Hahahahaha! That's mint.

Although I wonder if the marketing department is giving you a "bum steer"?

2 hours ago, Dun said:

I don't think I've seen blood knots on lined leather before, it looks great. 

Hi @Dun  That is the first time I have done that and being machine stitched I didn't think of the fold showing the bobbin side thread until I had it done.:( Had to unpick back to where it gets hidden about the fold and restitch. Live and learn. Re the feet ... I think I might make up some more interesting shapes like arc's and stuff. What do you reckon?

8 hours ago, DrmCa said:

This tote simply blows my mind. Superb workmanship and great taste!

Thanks for the compliment but as I normally do crocodile that has to be made to very high standards, these are really more practice pieces. The last 3 croc ones we made for a retail customer sold in only 2 weeks at $3000+au each. As you would expect heaps more orders. The hardest part is working out how to make the leather ones at an affordable cost, example here would have to sell for near $700au and that does seem to slow the average buyer down a bit. Unless they know our product quality already that is.:)

1 hour ago, Wedgetail said:

Although I wonder if the marketing department is giving you a "bum steer"?

Ha Ha ...I been wondering bout that.. but..........:rockon:

9 hours ago, Dunluce said:

Every time I think I’m improving I see something like this and realise I have a long way to go!

Thankfully LW helps make that come closer a whole lot quicker.

11 hours ago, ABHandmade said:

Very original, beautiful and high-quality product!

Thank you, we try.... a hundred pictures to start with help too.:P

Love the work how hard is the hair on hide to work with? My wife says it makes her teeth go funny just looking at it and there is no way I would be allowed to have it in the house lol...a new way to torment the misses added bonus for wanting to work with this stuff lol

2 minutes ago, Windrider30 said:

Love the work how hard is the hair on hide to work with? My wife says it makes her teeth go funny just looking at it and there is no way I would be allowed to have it in the house lol...a new way to torment the misses added bonus for wanting to work with this stuff lol

Its actually pretty easy except the edges often work better with a leather covering such as in the top edge here. Ignore the missus....she'll expect you to shave and all next if your not careful. You'll even be expected to know how to make your own coffee;)