My very first attempt of leatherwork! Just started last year.
I'm very proud of it. It took my quite some time since i had to learn everything; from drawing and cutting pattern, to carving and stitching.
Very thankful for the nice tutorial from instructables made by Caracoda. It helped me a lot. 

And sorry for the crappy pictures. I don't have a good camera

Boekentas1.jpg

Boekentas2.jpg

Looks great .

That's beautiful! Amazing work!

-Ryan

1 hour ago, Rolandranch said:

That's beautiful! Amazing work!

-Ryan

Thanks

1 hour ago, bikermutt07 said:

Looks great .

thanks

You should be proud as it look great from here.

Nice

That’s fabulous work for only a year practice! Love the detail in the carving. Really impressive! It will be interesting to see your work in another couple of years if you keep this level of work up...

Dang that is well thought out! I see where I made mistakes on mine and you didn't, and I think I was 2 years into leather as a hobby

Very nice job!  What type leather, thread, finish, etc did you use?

Gary

Very nice work. I like the carry handle.:)

Sam

Very nice. That is great work for a first project. Can we peek inside?

13 hours ago, plinkercases said:

You should be proud as it look great from here.

12 hours ago, Scoutmom103 said:

Nice

Thanks

12 hours ago, KingsCountyLeather said:

That’s fabulous work for only a year practice! Love the detail in the carving. Really impressive! It will be interesting to see your work in another couple of years if you keep this level of work up...

thanks, I hope that one day i will be as good as some of the guys from here. Or as good as this guy ;http://www.tipoeubolsas.com.br/index.html

11 hours ago, Dun said:

Dang that is well thought out! I see where I made mistakes on mine and you didn't, and I think I was 2 years into leather as a hobby

Thanks, i must confess that i did make it with direct feedback from a teacher. Maybe that spared me the mistakes. 

11 hours ago, garypl said:

Very nice job!  What type leather, thread, finish, etc did you use?

Gary

The leather is a 2,5 mm veg tan.(Shoulder) (the gusset was 1,5 mm).
The thread is a waxed thread number 8 (just very basic thread)
I used fiebings antique finish for the carving (in combination with 5 layers of ecoflow satin shene) and fiebings dye for the small parts  (tan and medium brown)
For finish i first did 2 layers of satin shene and then another 2 layers of fiebings resist (to make it more water resisitent)

7 hours ago, ComputerDoctor said:

Very nice work. I like the carry handle.:)

Sam

totally handmade, following the instrucables made by Caracoda (she used Stolhmans and made some small adjustments)

7 hours ago, skinhacker said:

sweet

thanks

7 hours ago, blue duck said:

Very nice. That is great work for a first project. Can we peek inside?

Here you are and i added a brighter photo of the outside as well

Boekentas 4.jpg

Boekentas5.jpg

Boekentas9.jpg

Looks much nicer now in the light!  Suggest you burnish or paint the exposed edges for a nicer finished product - looks like most of the edges were left raw.

Gary

12 hours ago, Habadelly said:

thanks, I hope that one day i will be as good as some of the guys from here. Or as good as this guy ;http://www.tipoeubolsas.com.br/index.html

Yes his work is very impressive.  You are well on you way to being great. If you don’t mind a little critique... concentrate on your stitching because not everyone knows how good you should be at tooling but everyone knows when your stitching is off. :rockon:

20 hours ago, garypl said:

Looks much nicer now in the light!  Suggest you burnish or paint the exposed edges for a nicer finished product - looks like most of the edges were left raw.

Gary

Thanks for the feedback. The edges are burnish and some are paintend. But it's something i'm working on very hard to get smooth edges. But by searching and reading here on the forum i think i'm not the only one who is dealing with the same problem :)

10 hours ago, KingsCountyLeather said:

Yes his work is very impressive.  You are well on you way to being great. If you don’t mind a little critique... concentrate on your stitching because not everyone knows how good you should be at tooling but everyone knows when your stitching is off. :rockon:

thanks for the feedback. 
i agry that my stitching issn't perfect, but it's not too bad for the first time. I go myself some new tools  (chisels) that hopefully will help me to improve my stitching. But it all comes down to a lot of practise. and that's what im working on.

56 minutes ago, RedDun said:

Nice!

Thanks

Nice work