I've been searching for this book for ages and I've finally got a copy (or will have when it's delivered).:yeah:

The book isn't readily available here in Oz (so would be a special order, with all the costs that entails) and I don't consider getting it from the US to be an option - high cost of the book and exorbitant postage charges. So you can imagine my surprise when, three days ago, I saw a copy for sale on ebay (and it was here in Oz). Starting bid was $19, with no bids, so I bided my time and waited until about four hours to go and put in a bid. Nerve-wracking wait, but I got it! No other bids, plus $15 postage, so I'm happy!

Thats a good score. I should get a copy myself 

You did well. When I managed to get a copy it was in the US, posted to the UK. Including customs it cost me about £125. But I reckon it was worth it even tho its one of the most expensive books I've ever bought

Well done. It is a great reference (and history!) book and even with serious leather and iron on some of the fellas looked just goofie in their studio pictures.... while others you could tell are the real deal.

Good job dikman!  The best investment anyone aspiring to make historically accurate holsters could invest in.  I was stoked when I got my copy.  I also got Cowboy and Trappings of the Old West.  Both books are great resources for pictures of old west related leather.

Edited by Steve75

My book just arrived!:yeah: Looks to be in perfect condition and even has a clear plastic covering to protect the cover. I'm stoked!!

A lot of books/magazines are downloadable these days (which saves a lot of physical storage space!!) but there's something nice about having an actual book in your hands.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:45 PM, dikman said:

A lot of books/magazines are downloadable these days (which saves a lot of physical storage space!!) but there's something nice about having an actual book in your hands.

I agree. Perhaps I'm just a bit nostalgic but I prefer having the physical book in my hand...thus the reason I keep having to buy bookshelves to keep all of them on...it's about the only thing I hoard.  Now...if I could just convince my kids that our trips to the local library are for wondering thru the stacks and not for heading straight to the Ipads and computers, I'd be golden...such things are distractions from the intended purpose of our excursion. Glad you found your book, dikman...that one's on my list as well. Happy Reading!

My copy is literally on my bed side book shelf for some late night comfort reading!

I just purchased it through Amazon for $56.00 so, you done good.  I also picked up Blued Steal & Gunleather by John Bianchi and Guns Digest book on Holster and Related Gun Leather.

All good reference material. Well done. There is also "Holsters for combat and concealment carry" by RK Campbell.

On 6/14/2018 at 9:45 PM, dikman said:

My book just arrived!:yeah: Looks to be in perfect condition and even has a clear plastic covering to protect the cover. I'm stoked!!

Nice score!  I got mine on Amazon used a couple years ago.  Some Goodwill had it priced absurdly low and I jumped.  It goes to show you if you're patient enough you can find most things pretty reasonably.