zfcjr67

a small bag of holding (gaming dice holding)

frontsmall.jpg.b888162e1d6c4abcd07bdbf17deb4336.jpgsmalldragon.jpg.f9ca295724af6a73a223cf6f8fa1e98a.jpgsmalllacing.jpg.66e28b82a7ab32db8882c8eda88af97f.jpg

This is a small stirrup bag I made for my daughter, who needed a bag to hold her ever growing dice collection.  The sides are sage green suede and the body is 4/5 oz vegtan.  The dragon and die are painted with acrylic paints with gel antique rubbed across the entire piece to give it the rustic medieval look.  I used eyelets for the cinch lace instead of grommets; the only grommets I found were shiny which I thought distracted from the overall appearance.  There is a close up of the double loop lacing - I think it looks great but if you see anything I can improve please let me know.  

This is also the first piece that gives me hope I can possibly start this hobby job - I do this for fun and therapy (banging things is fun!) from my daily corporate job.  Typically it is stuff for the family, friends and coworkers - but now I might start a stockpile and look at local craft fairs and gaming conventions.  

Edited by zfcjr67
removed extra image

That looks very nice. That lacing looks just dandy

Pity you spelt 'favour' wrongly      ;)  :P   :lol:

To de-shiney brass or plated parts for leather work I put them on a bit of granite and roast them with a plumbers mini blow torch. Once heated up and cooled they take on interesting colours

Thank you!

I'll have to play around with the plumbers torch and shiny metal.  I prefer antiqued or matte metals but can never find them in stock for some items.  

Very nice and I especially love the stitching:)

Sam

thank you!  

very nice! have you thought of a Renaissance fair for your items?

Nice, just rember not to store your portable hole in there :)