I just purchased a 1950's Pfaff 130 to sew garment leather on. I'm having a hard time getting the leather to feed through the feed dogs. From what I've researched I am seeing that I may need to upsize my motor but I also think I need a walking foot. My question is, can I safely attach a walking foot to this machine without damaging the machine? Is it made to handle it? 

If not I am in the market for a machine that can sew between 2.5 - 6 oz. leather. 

Any and all input is appreciated. :) Thank you. 

You need a real walking foot machine that has triple (compound) feed. The so called walking foot attachment for domestic sewing machines is not driven. It is a passive device that is meant for quilters to keep the top and bottom layers from getting out of sync as they sew. They are also called "even feed" attachments. Don't be fooled by marketing jargon!

Nothing converts a straight stitch machine into a walking foot machine. Adding a bigger motor to a domestic machine does not make it industrial.

However, you appear to be in the Jackpot. Until you can afford the real deal, consider buying a Teflon presser foot. These feet glide on top grain leather and textured vinyl. Steel feet drag on leather. Just be very careful to never set that foot down on the feed dogs or it will get torn up and become useless for leather.

Better than Teflon feet and a new generation of steel pressers that have small rollers in the front and back. The rollers are on top of the material at all times. You can crank down the foot pressure much more than with a Teflon foot and the material will still feed under the rollers.

If you have not already check the condition and height of the feed dogs.  The instructions are in the service manual.  Here is one I converted from original scan.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s34vninejvcl55g/pfaff_130_Service_ManualR3.docx

Thank you so much. After some research I realized I just needed a bigger machine with a compound walking foot. I just picked one up today. I'll keep my little Pfaff though. It's a beauty for what it's for.