I came across this book, and was wondering it should be possible to make these out of leather and not sheepskin right? http://www.walrusshoe.com/books_pages/ugg.htm   I saw this pic, https://www.ugg.com/women-boots-classic-boots/bailey-button-triplet-ii-boot/1016227.html#start=27&cgid=women-boots  and was thinking of making them similar as a boot for like Renn Faire's  Tightens on the side for a snugger fit.

Any thoughts?

deryk

No reason that it wouldn't work. Probably don't want to use too heavy a leather, and something supple that would wrap nicely, so you might want to consider a chrome-tan leather, 4-6 ounces, although plenty of other leathers would serve your needs as well.

Thanks, I am ordering the book..hell it is only money lol.  I work with oil tan leather in that 4-6oz range as well as i have a supple 8-9oz hide i bought to make a pair of moccasin's...alway's daring to try something new...come winter i will make a pair out of sheepskin for warm toes when I am up at my cabin almost like a modern mukluk's.

It'll work and I think rather nicely, but be mindful of the allowance the book has you build into your pattern of the wool. The book suggests an ideal nap thickness is 15mm.  You might want to mock up the first pattern in craft foam and see how it fits you.