Sign in to follow this  
Alisdair

Flamery Mayer pricking wheel

Hi Guys,

I just scored this sweet Flammery Mayer pricking wheel. As I understand it, Flammery Mayer was a foreman at Blanchard, and took off one day with their designs and client list!

Looking at this item, I can definitely see the Blanchard design in there.There are 5 nice wheels, and I'm looking to buy more- I reckon I'll buy a Vergez Blanchard size 6 and size 9 to complete this set (size 10, 12, 14, 16 + another).

20180615_072933.jpg

20180615_073145.jpg

nice one! so where does it sat flammery on it? I am about to pick one up for cheap but aint got a clue who has made it. it looks like the ball on yours has the screw on the lid instead of it being in the handle??

Yep the Ball is screwed on in the opposite direction to the Vergez Blanchard ones. The Flamery Mayer stamp is on the front end:

s-l1600.jpg

Very, very cool!  Thanks for sharing!

Just a photo from above, where you can see it's a bit bent - dunno in the previous owner used it to hammer a nail or to beat his goat, but it still works fine!

20180618_193322.jpg

Edited by Alisdair

looks like it was brazed there?? or is it supposed to be a smooth transition??

54 minutes ago, jimi said:

looks like it was brazed there?? or is it supposed to be a smooth transition??

I don't think so...I think that the seller was a bit over-zealous in cleaning the brass, and cleaned part of the steel  in the process. I'll just wait another 20 years or so for the colour of the steel to go back to normal!

I have not seen any like that before, that is why i wondered if it had been fixed?? never saw the lid with the screw in it either?? as long as it does the job then that is the main thing, right. 

5b2bb6df4cd29_s-l1600(35).jpg.1a07b686f11e608c2e1bf410de7f1b90.jpg5b2bb6e8912e8_s-l1600(36).jpg.e9ea9a95217a7d3dd3ee14092a309923.jpg5b2bb6f388e25_s-l1600(37).jpg.99fd9cb87dc19f7e2dda6adbdfa6a861.jpg

Edited by jimi