My singer 111w153 runs well and seems to be adjusted correctly. I still have random dropped/skipped stitches. 

Alredy done

Verified timing

adsusted feet

changed and checked timing belt

changed take up bell crank

cleaned and adjusted tension plate

verfied bobbin tension

adjusted sewing hook guide latch

New belt and adjusted clutchmotor

still at a loss as to my problem. Could be:

thread/needle size 

timing not right with needle bar

IDK...

please help

Needle bar to high or too low? Hook too far away from needle? Hook tip should meet the center of the needle ~1.6mm above the needle eye. Hook tip should be as close as possible to the needle but should not touch it.

Do yo you have a manual? Most standard adjustment procedures are well described in the manual.

Singer Class 111 Instructions.pdf

Edited by Northmount
Uploaded file

I have manuals; PDFs from internet. Don’t have the rig marks on the needle bar, but from what I’ve adjusted it seems correct. Your link is not working.

i think the hook needle spacing sounds like a good place to check. Changed needle size so seems reasonable 

thanks and I’ll post results

when you have a manual already I don´t have to upload it again ;) Nothing new in my PDF.

When the machine is correct set you can use #100 - #140 needle (metric) w/o making hook adjustments - at least I don´t have to.

I cross  referenced the spacing with the consew and Juki manual.  That is definitely something I have not checked,  and that seems like it very easy adjustment. The machine is running great and smooth. It’s just that In about a 10-15 inch run it will skip 1 to 2 stitches. Additionally it’s good information to know that if you change the needle significantly, you need to change the hook position.  When I bought the machine it had a very large needle in it probably 20+  I downsize the needle to between 16 and 18 and that could’ve easily thrown that off. I also think that my needle guard washer  is not properly Adjusted. I will definitely post results so as to help anyone else

8 hours ago, Constabulary said:

Needle bar to high or too low? Hook too far away from needle? Hook tip should meet the center of the needle ~1.6mm above the needle eye. Hook tip should be a sclose as possible to the needle but should not touch it.

Do yo you have a manual? Most standard adjustment procedures are well described in the manual.

Manual is a bit blurry as I had to scale down the file.

Singer-Class-111-Instructions.pdf

I'd like to see the manual.  Is there a way to post it to Dropbox or something so you don't have to scale it down? I could give you a Dropbox folder to put it in.

Can you take a video or close up pics of the needle and hook as the hook pics up thread?  The gap between needle and hook should be as close to nothing, zero, zilch as possible.

image.png

1 hour ago, DonInReno said:

Can you take a video or close up pics of the needle and hook as the hook pics up thread?  The gap between needle and hook should be as close to nothing, zero, zilch as possible.

thanks.  Is there a link or way to get the entire manual? I have  155 that I need to do a total adjustment to.

I think I got it!!! I adjusted the hook position, and re adjusted the hook latch. Better but still skipping. Upped the needle size. Still skipped, watched the functions very closely... I had put on a new foot it seemed to contact you the needle. Put on the old center foot VOLA! full 8” runs 20+ times without a hitch

may widen the hole on new center foot or it may be too tall, all I know is it’s working great now w/ old center foot and new outer foot

Thanks for all y’all help, and I hope this helps someone else too:)

A quick search should turn up a thread that's full of all sorts of singer manuals.

The truth is out there....

singer152_155.jpg

Edited by SARK9
bad link

I made a video some time ago that illustrates the desired needle guard (aka hook washer) setting, as recommended by our resident expert Eric ( @gottaknow)  I check and adjust this detail every time I work on a machine and I consider it an important step in hook adjustment. 

On 6/18/2018 at 5:43 PM, TomG said:

I'd like to see the manual.  Is there a way to post it to Dropbox or something so you don't have to scale it down? I could give you a Dropbox folder to put it in.

File uploaded to Constabulary's post.  May not be identical to his.

Tom

On 6/19/2018 at 10:14 AM, SARK9 said:

The truth is out there....

singer152_155.jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8SsIFb6Bqz7bjBSb2Y2cjlMNGs/view 

This link seems to work and looks to be the same book

Edit: uploaded file since 3rd party files often disappear!

SINGER-111W152-111W153-111W154-111W155.pdf

Lee

Edited by Northmount
uploaded file

Thanks.  Much better quality than the other copies that I found.

Tom