MendellLeatherOK

Apple Watch Band Tutorial

Hey Everyone!

Since Apple Watch Bands are the new big thing, I had quote a few people asking me how I was making them. So I went ahead and made a pattern pack and a video to go with it! One thing I forgot to include is punching holes. I usually use my rotary punch, and using my smallest punch, I start 1/2" from the bottom of the band and punch 5 holes, each being 1/2" apart. Video is below as well as a PDF of the pattern pack below the video!

Please feel free to message me any questions you may have and I'd love to see the bands you guys make!

Hope this helps!

-Hannah

AppleWatchBands.pdf

Edited by MendellLeatherOK

Thanks for making this video! You did a great job explaining the process that you use. And also thank you for no background music! I was going to try a watch band soon and your video will be so helpful.

A question, I have a deer hide and wondered if that would be ok for the lining material?

Thanks!

Really cool design and a huge thanks for posting your pattern, source, and instructions!

16 hours ago, TomWisc said:

Thanks for making this video! You did a great job explaining the process that you use. And also thank you for no background music! I was going to try a watch band soon and your video will be so helpful.

A question, I have a deer hide and wondered if that would be ok for the lining material?

Thanks!

You are so welcome! I'll be doing another one soon about inlaying beads! As far as the deer hide goes, It may be a bit thin but use your own judgement. Since the liner wraps around the adapters, you dont want something so thin that it will stretch or something that will wear out easily. There will be a bit of tension on it all the time because people like to cinch down their watchbands, and then to really pull  at them when they are trying to buckle it on. 

14 hours ago, battlemunky said:

Really cool design and a huge thanks for posting your pattern, source, and instructions!

Thank You! Everyone seems to really like them! They say they are comfortable and easy to wear!

Really neat, thanks for sharing!  Did you do the tiny tooling on the strap you were wearing?  For the brief moment it flashed across the video, it looked good!  I have been doing some tiny tooling, but haven't been too happy with it yet.  Would love to see someone doing tiny tooling to maybe see what I could change up to improve mine.

YinTx

2 hours ago, YinTx said:

Really neat, thanks for sharing!  Did you do the tiny tooling on the strap you were wearing?  For the brief moment it flashed across the video, it looked good!  I have been doing some tiny tooling, but haven't been too happy with it yet.  Would love to see someone doing tiny tooling to maybe see what I could change up to improve mine.

YinTx

Thank You! Yes, I do all the tooling on mine. On that band in particular, it was a tiny basketstamp. Ill post some photos of some past ones with floral tooling.

Just a couple finished bands.

IMG_0910.JPG

Love the tutorial.  Thanks for sharing!

This tutorial was super, super helpful. I'm curious as to what size and brand of tools you use on the tooling? Thanks!

Edited by 07milch

On 7/25/2018 at 4:55 PM, 07milch said:

This tutorial was super, super helpful. I'm curious as to what size and brand of tools you use on the tooling? Thanks!

I honestly use whatever fits at the time. The basketstamp is a RBS stamp that measures about 1/8" long. Its such a fun tool to run. Most of my stamps are the old Crafttool, but Im slowly upgrading to all Barry King.