joshhartung

Where to find tape measure holder

Hi again folks,

I've looked high and low but I'm having a lot of trouble sourcing the little tape measure clip common on tool belts and bags. They come in some variations but all are similar to the attached picture. Two rivets and a raised section in the middle to receive a clip.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Josh

tapeholder.png

I'm betting I could find that on a shelf in any Home Depot, Ace, or Lowes. Looks like a pretty standard piece of hardware. If I couldn't I'd just buy a piece of bar stock from lowes and make it.

The only ones I've seen at hardware or home stores are already attached to work belts and such. You may have to make one.

Jeff

I had a look and didn't see anything but you may:

https://ohiotravelbag.com

Where in ID?

Bob

Thanks everyone for your help. I expected this to be a way easier part to source as well. I'm going to have a few made in stainless by a sheet metal shop - happy to sell some if anyone wants to start making tool belts. Will update this thread when I get them in.

@BDAZ I'm up here in Moscow, ID trying to make a real business out of this leatherworking thing.

1 hour ago, joshhartung said:

@BDAZ I'm up here in Moscow, ID trying to make a real business out of this leatherworking thing.

Ha! Spent some time in Boise and McCall and one of my best customers in my day job business is NRS. Good luck with the leather biz..my advice is find a niche and go for it!

Bob

I make a product called Sink the Stink, a wet suit deodorizer. They are one of my main wholesale distributors.

Bob

9 minutes ago, joshhartung said:

Nice! That's a great distributor and a great industry to be in. Would love to hear how you got started.

Really long story: www.sinkthestink.com

Bob

Update: I designed my own clip in stainless and had it stamped. Turned out really nice!

I've got a few of these and will probably do a volume order if anyone wants to buy a few.

IMG_3981.jpg

I'm glad you could make this happen. Nice job.