So I picked up an old Singer 241-12 off of craigslist with the table and motor I cleaned it up and all it needs it a new check spring for the tensioner and belt.  The belt on it was made of leather, I have never seen a motor like this set up below.  It's an electric motor that just engages with pressure from the foot pedal.  Can anyone give me more info on this motor setup I researched it and came up empty handed.  I do plan on replacing it with a servo motor I also know I need high rpms for the oil to flow.  I could't pass this up it looked clean and it was only $75.  The woman that sold it to me said it was her mothers that just passed, she made a living using the machine as seamstress. Thanks for any info

20180706_204338_resized.jpg

Here is a You tube video for you made by a member here on the forum whose screen name is thesergeant

Edited by machinehead
mistake

28 minutes ago, machinehead said:

Here is a You tube video for you made by a member here on the forum whose screen name is thesergeant

Thank you very helpful, not sure if I want to put a servo motor on now. I think it's pretty cool and unique. Love this forum I wouldn't have gotten this info.

You are entirely welcome. Give it a try and hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised at how much control you will have with a bit of practice.

On 7/6/2018 at 10:50 PM, machinehead said:

You are entirely welcome. Give it a try and hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised at how much control you will have with a bit of practice.

I found out who made the clutch assembly a company called Atlas.  Theirs supposed to be a cork friction pad on in between the 2 plates, I have emailed a couple of places with no luck.  Do you or anyone else know were I can find one, or could I just get a piece of heavy duty cork and cut one out?  Another item I am looking for is the spring for the knee lifter the one on it came with is broke in 2 pieces.  I can buy the whole knee lift kit but if I could find a spring it would be a lot cheaper worst case I guess I could rig something up. Thanks for any help 

you got a good buy ijust got one  110.00  im getting to know it need threading diagram

On 8/29/2018 at 6:09 PM, Fairytailover123456 said:

you got a good buy ijust got one  110.00  im getting to know it need threading diagram

What kind of motor do you have on yours?