Pauls Leather

Utility messenger bag with a little surprise

As part of my very small growing side business I designed (nothing really new out there but you know what I mean) this utility messenger bag.  On this piece I used  black utility oil tanned leather.  While it is oil tanned it's not overly oiled as too ruin anything but still has a good resistance to water if caught in a rain. 

Stitched with my Cowboy CB-341 using gold 138 bonded nylon thread and skived with a CB-801 Bell knife Skiver. 

Has two contrasting size pockets with a snap button on the front and a speed pocket on each end

Interior is lined with an Alexander Henry original print called "Las Senoritas". 

Dimensions are 15" long x 5" deep x 10" tall

bag 4.jpg

bag 5.jpg

bag 1.jpg

bag 6.jpg

Edited by Pauls Leather
upload lower res pics

Awesome.  Love the use of the artwork for a liner.

YinTx

That's some crazy senoritas inside that bag there...Ay yai yai!

I like the bag shape! I love the lining!  Fun to open and see a  surprise!

Great looking bag and I love the lining!  Only critique is that I think the front straps would look better if they were rounded instead of squared at the tips, but that’s just my opinion.  Nice job!

Gary

I would smile a very wry smile every time I opened that bag. Sweet.

20 hours ago, garypl said:

front straps would look better if they were rounded instead of squared at the tips

I think the strap ends match the upper portion of the strap. The stitch-line is square where it attaches to the top of the bag above the rivets, and square on the ends.

Edited by Rockoboy

9 hours ago, Rockoboy said:

I think the strap ends match the upper portion of the strap. The stitch-line is square where it attaches to the top of the bag above the rivets, and square on the ends.

Good point!  Now that I look at it again I agree with you.

Gary

Very nice!  It has a soft, supple look to it and I like the way the flap will protect against anything, rain, dirt, etc., entering the sides.

55 minutes ago, Tugadude said:

Very nice!  It has a soft, supple look to it and I like the way the flap will protect against anything, rain, dirt, etc., entering the sides.

Here is the semi side view of it of the flap that overhangs on the sides.  It does a pretty good job and keep everything in. 

bag 3.jpg

I love the liner - can you tell me what material it's made of?  I can't imagine it is canvas or paper.  In any case, it's a beautiful application.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:06 PM, MikeG said:

I love the liner - can you tell me what material it's made of?  I can't imagine it is canvas or paper.  In any case, it's a beautiful application.

Just a 100% cotton knit.  I really wanted it in a cotton duck but they don't print it on that.  Either way it feels nice and looks good. 

Lot of talent there, very nice job......

Haha, I saw the first couple pictures and wondered "Hmmm I wonder what the surprise could be...". After reading your original post and started scrolling... Whoah! They weren't kidding. Looks great!

I better be careful, if my wife sees, she's gonna want one like it and I don't have a sewing machine yet lol

That liner is great!!!