I finally finished up the order with the Threeperson holsters that I made the progress thread about. Here they are, all buttoned up and ready to ship along with some ammo slides and an Avenger for a GP100. All the holsters are 10/11 HO and the ammo slides are a combo of 10/11 and 8/9 HO. Finishes are all by Fiebings including black Pro Oil, black liquid acrylic antique and Hi-Liter. 

Thanks for looking and have a great day! 

Josh

013.thumb.jpg.c65fa92435a7f6f425cbd0998a8a2f82.jpg017.thumb.jpg.aba997ba83e50a446f6378c2f8f7ef63.jpg024.thumb.jpg.0766f584e0a266dc5c0eb7d494eb19e9.jpg026.thumb.jpg.7692910f5b27aa4d72d87e1125828464.jpg030.thumb.jpg.95e76975c45928f984c9eeac80e0f9f8.jpg038.thumb.jpg.62b75b11655b77b7fde790182138b29e.jpg042.thumb.jpg.82f9130074fe35176d3024f472dcb69c.jpg004.thumb.jpg.aadd34109e1c9110bae191c057f8ff14.jpg007.thumb.jpg.d25304dd3acd77dae087f8de2eccdc79.jpg

You are doing some nice work, Josh.

6 minutes ago, Big Sioux Saddlery said:

You are doing some nice work, Josh.

Thank you ma'am, I appreciate that!!

My next order is a breast collar, after a steady diet of holsters for the last few projects the change will be nice! 

All the best!

Josh

Heirloom craftsmanship, Josh...as always. Many thanks for the tips & insights into your process over on the build thread as well...very enlightening! Been looking forward to seeing these items completed while also enjoying the journey...I imagine the customer will be doubly anxious to have them in their possession for many years of durable use. Again...fantastic work, sir! Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Double Daddy

That work is definitely above my pay grade and station in life.

Really, great work Josh, . . . in my opinion, more artistic than utilitarian, . . . and that is exactly what a lot of people will pay really good money for.

May God bless,

Dwight

Those are outstanding.  I want one now!  (Insert "Shut up and take my money" meme here....)

YinTx

Wow, that is some sharp work!

Very very nice thanks for posting.

Really really nice rigs and slides there! Wow

Those are beautiful, and thank you for showing your steps in creating them.

Thanks everybody, you are all very kind! Really, too kind, it's easy to pick my work apart and find the flaws if you look enough and that's what you wanted to do. I do strive to make good, solid, working gear that looks nice as well. Sometimes I hit the mark fairly well and sometimes I strike out. I'm sure you all know just what I mean :) ! 

I do appreciate the kind words and I was happy to show some of my process for building a Threepersons holster and give some insight to my "fancy" border and how I tool them.

Hope you all have a great day! 

Josh

Exceptionally nice workmanship. Functional artwork done in leather!

Beautiful work. Thank you for the insight into production thread as well. One day I hope to do work like this. Go well and thank you for sharing.  

I do have a question. Is the left six shooter antiqued and the remaining two not, or is it a lighting difference?   

Edited by bullmoosepaddles
added content

23 hours ago, Lobo said:

Exceptionally nice workmanship. Functional artwork done in leather!

Thanks Ray! 

22 hours ago, bullmoosepaddles said:

Beautiful work. Thank you for the insight into production thread as well. One day I hope to do work like this. Go well and thank you for sharing.  

I do have a question. Is the left six shooter antiqued and the remaining two not, or is it a lighting difference?   

Thanks BullMoose! You are correct, the holster on the left was finished with Fiebings liquid black antique and the other two were finished with Fiebings Hi-Liter.

2 hours ago, Forester said:

Beautiful work!

Thanks Forester!

Have a great day folks! 

Josh

Beautiful !!!  Been anxiously waiting to see these all finished up. Almost too pretty to use !!! 

Thanks for sharing your talent !!!

One last question, please?  What type maker’s mark do you use?  Steel, brass,  delrin???  What size or width ( 1 1/4” ? ) and do you stamp it with a maul or use a press??  It looks perfect, like the rest of your work. 

Thanks again

On 7/14/2018 at 12:55 PM, Humbug said:

Beautiful !!!  Been anxiously waiting to see these all finished up. Almost too pretty to use !!! 

Thanks for sharing your talent !!!

One last question, please?  What type maker’s mark do you use?  Steel, brass,  delrin???  What size or width ( 1 1/4” ? ) and do you stamp it with a maul or use a press??  It looks perfect, like the rest of your work. 

Thanks again

Thanks again Humbug! As for my maker's mark, I got it from Infinity Stamps Inc. (https://www.infinitystamps.com/collections/leather-collection/products/custom-leather-hand-stamp). They aren't cheap by any means, but it is a quality stamp that will outlast me. Mine is roughly 1" tall x 1-1/2" wide. If I ordered one again I'd likely have it made slightly smaller so I could use it on 3/4" wide strap goods. I use a maul to stamp it. It's large enough that I had to get the hang of it to avoid getting a little bounce which lead to a double impression. 

All the best, Josh

Thanks again for your reply. I tried to measure it from your pics but couldn’t get to work out right. Good info. I appreciate your patience!!

Nice work Josh.  Your border shows a lot of imagination and skill.  I like your finish, how did you apply it?  Looking forward to see your next project.

Ron

1 hour ago, Goldshot Ron said:

Nice work Josh.  Your border shows a lot of imagination and skill.  I like your finish, how did you apply it?  Looking forward to see your next project.

Ron

Thanks Ron! The antique and Hi-Liter were both applied with a scrap of shearling then wiped off with a damp paper towel. I do apply a light coat of NF oil prior to that and then after the antique/Hi-Liter is dry I'll give it a wipedown with liquid saddle soap, again with a shearling scrap. Then a coat of Mop & Glo cut 50% with water for a top coat and finally I'll rub a little neutral Kiwi boot polish on them and buff them off. In fairness it takes longer to type out than do do :) ! 

22 hours ago, Humbug said:

Thanks again for your reply. I tried to measure it from your pics but couldn’t get to work out right. Good info. I appreciate your patience!!

You're absolutely welcome Humbug!

All the best! 

Josh

I've read about Mop & Glo, but have never tried it.  Your finish looks good, so I'll have to try it.