Dunluce

Is it just a feature of this leather

I have started a bag for my sister and I bought some leather which is described as ‘Burnishing, Medium Handle, Natural Characteristics & Feature, Oiled, Pull Up, Soft Handle, Vegetable Tanned (Pure), Waxy’. I have no complaints about the leather itself, it seems good quality and and it has the soft feel she wants but it does mark very easily compared to what I have used before. There are several marks from where I have been working and after turning it you can see where it has be creased etc. Is that just a feature of this type of leather and is it something you cannot prevent against but rather let it happen and it become part of the character of the bag giving it a worn and used look?

It's a feature, and one in some demand. Making a project for someone else, though, they should be aware of the "look". Also, you can generally make the hi-lighted areas go back to "normal" by manipulating the leather. 

Jeff

Thanks for the replies. I thought that might be the case and to be honest I quite like the look. My sister is getting the bag for free so she will have to like it too!,

Just one other thing. Is it okay to apply conditioner to pull up (don’t ask, why but I have already done it)