HamiltonLeather

First motorcycle tank cover

This is the first motorcycle tank cover I have made. I had never made a circle pocket or sewn in a zipper before so I learned a lot with this project. Its all hand sewn with Ritza nylon bonded thread. The guy I made it for wanted it to be held on by magnets so I had to use a very thin material on the bottom so the magnets would hold. I used a black faux leather material, its synthetic so I thought that would be good to use so it wouldn't rot in the elements. We live in the rain forest so we get a lot of rain here. I didn't fully trust just magnets to hold it on so I made part of it slip under the speedometer and the bottom is bolted on with the seat. It was for his son who is in the Army so I tooled the Army emblem on some veg tan and sewed that onto the pocket. I drew the emblem out by hand and I didn't use any stamps for the letters.

motobib.jpeg.c5fdadfb56d6dbca9ffa24d9e6d8ffa4.jpegIMG_0745.thumb.JPG.b763e2b057cff979f71686eb8f314767.JPGIMG_0741.thumb.JPG.4e8acc399a2a2f637f0043ccc3b3ffc9.JPG

Great work, and a lot of hand stitching!

Nice.  A lot of stitching. 

Excellent work on the lettering. You kept it uniform and aligned. Done  well, you have!

Thanks, It was a lot of stitching! Probably my only one I'll do until I get a sewing machine someday..

Really cool

Nice work and the cover will keep the tank from getting scratched up like they all do!

Sam:)

On 7/27/2018 at 4:00 PM, ComputerDoctor said:

Nice work and the cover will keep the tank from getting scratched up like they all do!

Sam:)

Hey thanks