chrisash

3D Free printer software simple to use to make stamps

Just found a simple to use but gives very professional results to enable you to design a stamp etc and send software to a friend who owns a 3D Printer

https://www.tinkercad.com

Hi Dikman

Not sure what point you are trying to make, a software program is the same wherever it's operated from and at no cost to use. Many millions or at least hundreds of thousand people use Microsoft office every day which is basically the same apart from the top end version which is computer based

It's more to do with accessibility, any online programme that requires continuous access via the internet while using it (particularly to create things) is not something I'm attracted to as my internet connection can, and does, drop out erratically. For a while I was getting drop outs at 15 min intervals, which as you might imagine was extremely frustrating. It's better now, but still not 100% reliable (plus the speed occasionally slows, for no discernible reason).  Consequently, if I'm going to be spending who knows how long to try and design something I prefer to be independent of the internet.

As to Office, I have an old version (computer-based) which has served me well for years and continues to do so.

I understand, I forgot that others don't have a reliable broadband service

My thinking is the same I use Microsoft versions 2003 and 2000 and don't normally like the cloud services, but this particular software just seems so basic in its functions that anyone can use it with out a three month Auto Cad learning experience

Anyway all the best

Another free one to use is Fusion 360 by Autodesk! It is free for hobbyist and small businesses that make under $100k a year!

On 7/17/2018 at 12:22 AM, dikman said:

So it's an online programme, not standalone?  Pity, I prefer standalone.

I'm the same, being out in the boonies.  I have a VSAT internet connection and was fooling with Tinkercad, but ended up giving up and switched to Microsoft's 3D Builder.  Somewhat similar to Tinkercad, as it's also a beginners CAD program.  I had imported an image and had a 3D model for a stamp in a couple of hours last night.  That was the first I'd ever opened the program.  I suspect it'll suit me for most of my 3D printed stamp needs.

I use Tinkercad and it works great! I didn't think of making stamps but it sounds like the perfect fit. I will have to surf the web and learn about it. Thanks for the great idea!