Hello everyone..

I m starting an online business for all kind of leather goods i.e; bags, shoes, garments, saddlery, industrial saftey goods, belts, etc.

Please help me decide a good brand name for that. Ideas and suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

Indian Proprietary Leather or "IPL" if you like initials ... What do you mean it's taken? :crazy: 

Thanks for suggesting. It's a unique name

How about "Red Cherry" perhaps printed on a vintage Cricket bat.

Best of luck,

Jim

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 8:15 PM, Stitch00 said:

"Red Cherry" perhaps printed on a vintage Cricket bat

I like that.

Recycled Skin

"Just Leather"

ADILeather
Artisan Designed Indian Leather.

LIDA Leather, your first name backwards.  Then you can use LL as your "brand".

LL would work, but is probably already taken..and would cost a fortune to buy as any usable TLD ( "top level domain" suffix ) , because it is two letters..
ADIL is already taken..( four letters ) , But the longer version I posted is available in many TLDs..as long as no-one other than ADIL "snaps it up" after reading this thread.

Always have to think when "branding" a business..is the dot com and the local TLD available..if it isn't..the "brand" will be useless, or you'll have to pay a fortune to someone to buy it from them, and they may not want to sell anyway..

You only need the dotcom and your local country TLD..and maybe the dotcodotuk and the dotco ..other TLDs either are not applicable (associated with services like dotnet, charities, like dotorg, tech like dotio etc ) , or will have country of residence or business registration restrictions..like dotus or dotcn, or dotuk or dotde, or doteu etc.

I have a lot of domain names ( over 100 )..which seems like a lot for an individual business, it is not..I know a guy with over 25000 ..and some "domainers" and "domainer" businesses have millions..It is bad enough having over a 100 set to "auto-renew" ( they cost yearly , or , multiples of years, or decennially..you can renew "further out" than 10 years, but before the ten years is up, you can renew for another 10 ) ..if you don't have them set to "auto-renew", and keep the credit card provisioned, you can lose them..Can be very expensive to buy them back, unless you have them trademarked.

Another reason for ADILeather over LIDA Leather.

A, or any name beginning with A comes first in the phone book ( they still exist..even in paper versions in some countries..definitely in online versions..and everyone, especially customers, have an address book, in which they list in alphabetical order ) any name beginning with L, is at lest 12 pages further into the phone book / address book.
You even have to "scroll" further to reach it on your phone's address book, or your customers will have to scroll further to reach it on their phones.

Don't make the customer have to work to find you..

This is why it is better to be at the 1st position on page one, in search engine results, than 1st position on page two.

Applies to "voice search" too ( on "smart" devices ) like Alexa , Siri, and Google.

Edited by mikesc