Tanks brmax. 

2 hours ago, Tejas said:

The best copy of the manual I've found is on Gregg's Keysew web site.

http://keysew.com/Webpages/DemoImages/Juki_LU-563_Instruction_Keyfooter.pdf

nice find! its super clear.

Be sure to have a look at the video created by member Uwe- Nice visual walkthrough of several adjustment procedures, and a great accompaniment to the manuals.

-DC

29 minutes ago, SARK9 said:

Be sure to have a look at the video created by member Uwe- Nice visual walkthrough of several adjustment procedures, and a great accompaniment to the manuals.

-DC

awesome, i was just looking around for a video like that. I was also thinking of taking it to a local sewing machine shop and see how much it would cost them to clean it ot and adjust it. Its pretty dusty on the inside and i like the idea of starting the machine off in the best condition i can get it in.

That table top plywood looks great. If you have access to a shop vac, some very small hose or plastic tubing can be taped to the vac hose. With this its possible to easily get in the areas filled with textile dust and threads. 

I always found this time consuming work to be best prior to any liquid cleaning.

For sure trying to shorten the time frame a professional is required to spend at it, times money as they say.  I do understand we cannot do it all.  On the otherhand these task do require several items for the task and benefit with a big flat sheet pan for liquid collection. I found the cleaning brushes in kits for Spray paint Guns work superb. 

Good day

Floyd

I see you've got quite a fluff collection in there.:lol: Holding the end of a vacuum cleaner next to it and using a smallish brush works well for jobs like that. Unless you've either got bags of money or have no idea which end of a screwdriver to hold it's a good idea to spend the time learning how to take care of it yourself. Basic adjustments aren't that hard once you understand the principles behind how it works, and the knowledge will be invaluable for when it (inevitably) goes wrong.

Chapter 4 of a manual that might be helpful for self-service is:

http://militarynewbie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/NAVEDTRA-14217-Aircrew-Survival-Equipmentman-1-C.pdf

and that states:

"Your shop may have the Consew Model 225, the Juki LU-562, or the Singer Model 111 W 155 sewing machine. These three sewing machines are essentially identical ...."

Here is an edited version of chapter 4:

http://keysew.com/Webpages/DemoImages/USNavySinger111WConsew225REPAIR.pdf

On 7/22/2018 at 10:04 PM, brmax said:

[...] with a big flat sheet pan for liquid collection.

I like these heavy poly mixing pans like this:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/MacCourt-Drywall-Mud-Pans/1054711

Inexpensive, gives good splash containment, and quite strong enough to scoot a 75lb head around in with no danger of leaks.

KeroBath_01.jpg

On 7/22/2018 at 6:22 PM, SARK9 said:

-DC

Another absolutely fantastic video by UWE.  I watched that video like it was a really good movie.

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing

Hey sorry ive been meaning to reply! Been really busy the past two days. I ended up taking the machine to a technician he charges a flat rate of 75$ for all the cleaning and adjustments. Il be sure to keep mine clean though. You guys are such a great help! il let you know how it looks like when i get it back. I Should get it tomorrow night.

Going forward you’ll find it’s  relatively easy to keep all the recesses clean - just oil it regularly and run Qtips in and around stuff to clean out crap.  It’s not the fastest way, but it’s easy and can be done inside and not offend anyone. Nice machine!  Perfect to get started on - a great way to practice is draw a design on a sheet of paper and follow it without thread. Like most things, developing mental and muscle memory goes a long way toward good results.

21 minutes ago, DonInReno said:

Going forward you’ll find it’s  relatively easy to keep all the recesses clean - just oil it regularly and run Qtips in and around stuff to clean out crap.  It’s not the fastest way, but it’s easy and can be done inside and not offend anyone. Nice machine!  Perfect to get started on - a great way to practice is draw a design on a sheet of paper and follow it without thread. Like most things, developing mental and muscle memory goes a long way toward good results.

That paper idea is fantastic. Il be sure to use it. I'm definitely going to need practice but in ready to get started on it. Every little top right now is a huge help. 

Q tips is a good idea too. I like to maintain my machines as best I can. I dont want the new owner in the future to every have to fix anything.

One thing I was thinking of right now was a speed reducer. I know I will upgrade to a servo motor (probably salrite) as my first upgrade. I also wanted to add a speed reducer but I can't find any decent ones. Any suggestions where I can get one? Also how much would they normally cost?

Thanks again!

Leather machine co. sells their brand of 3 pulley reducer for $120us + shipping.....most manufacturers of leather machines have this style of reducer..... the same design can often be found used on eBay for around $100.

10ABED76-F497-4F96-BA5B-8998D47BB8D6.jpeg

6 hours ago, Kolby said:

That paper idea is fantastic. Il be sure to use it. I'm definitely going to need practice but in ready to get started on it. Every little top right now is a huge help. 

Q tips is a good idea too. I like to maintain my machines as best I can. I dont want the new owner in the future to every have to fix anything.

One thing I was thinking of right now was a speed reducer. I know I will upgrade to a servo motor (probably salrite) as my first upgrade. I also wanted to add a speed reducer but I can't find any decent ones. Any suggestions where I can get one? Also how much would they normally cost?

Thanks again!

I have this type speed reducer and it costs more than the type shown above by Don, but it is easier to install and doesn’t require you to cut a larger slot in the table.  Simply mount the speed reducer where the servo motor was mounted, then bolt the motor underneath the reducer.  You will need another vee belt @32-33” to connect the speed reducer and motor.  Call Bob at Toledo Sewing and he will fix you up.

Gary

81332310-ED98-4256-955B-D84B196BAC43.jpeg

Nice, those are exactly what i was looking for. Il be sure to give bob a shout when im going to buy one. Still waiting to get the machine back. Heres to hoping il get it tomorrow.

Hey so i got the machine back last night. It doesn't look much different (aside from new juki sticker) so i didnt take any photos. Mario ( the technician) was super nice, he answered all my questions very well. Hes been in the business for 40 some years if i remember. He was surprised how smooth it was. I was able to get some supplies from him too. What il do with the motor is get a smaller pulley to put on it to slow it down some for now atleast. that way i can save up for a servo motor or speed reducer.

I havent gotten to use the machine just yet. Still have some other projects to finish before i start a new one. By the end of the week i should be using it for some leather crafting. I want to thank all you for all the help. It made this alot easier. Im looking forward to getting enough experience to help others someday soon.