Beautiful work. 

A very wonderful piece of work. That friend of yours will think of you each time he wears that rig.

Looks like you have taken a quantum leap in your art and craft:)

I have nothing but accolades for your absolutely fine work:)

I wish I had your talent---and a sewing machine!

Sam

1 hour ago, ComputerDoctor said:

Looks like you have taken a quantum leap in your art and craft:)

I have nothing but accolades for your absolutely fine work:)

I wish I had your talent---and a sewing machine!

Sam

Thank you!

You won't be sorry for buying a good sewing machine. When I started I was going to get a used $100 Singer that I didn't know if it worked or not. My dad said to just get a quality sewing machine that can do heavy work as well. So I ended up getting a cb 4500. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Definitely. It paid itself off pretty fast.

Ryan

Smart Dad.... buy once cry once...

3 hours ago, plinkercases said:

Smart Dad.... buy once cry once...

:yes: But I cried twice... my circuit board blew a few months ago. I replaced the board but will be getting a good motor when/if it happens again. The machine is great, though. It's just that these servo motors are a bit sensitive. They constantly need emotional support and you never know when they'll take a "mental health day." 

Edited by Rolandranch

Wow that is a shame actually to hear that the "new technology" that makes them easier for folks to use is actually the weak link... not surprising though.. machined steel is usually more durable than mother boards and electronic devices.... my wife and I thought we bought the most simple mechanical electrical toaster on the market (a plunger knob and a light dark knob) and a month later it was acting up and I thought... thermal switch easy... only to be told the mother board was shot.

You are making me think twice about servo motors and stick with clutches with reducers and practice....

Did warranty not help you out on the these failures? you haven t had it that long have you?

Very good work...definitely got the wow factor.  I have got one I have been working on but keep putting it aside...get back to it in time.  Lol

Beautiful rig

18 hours ago, plinkercases said:

Wow that is a shame actually to hear that the "new technology" that makes them easier for folks to use is actually the weak link... not surprising though.. machined steel is usually more durable than mother boards and electronic devices.... my wife and I thought we bought the most simple mechanical electrical toaster on the market (a plunger knob and a light dark knob) and a month later it was acting up and I thought... thermal switch easy... only to be told the mother board was shot.

You are making me think twice about servo motors and stick with clutches with reducers and practice....

Did warranty not help you out on the these failures? you haven t had it that long have you?

Yes, it had a warranty. I've had it a little over a year now. I don't think it's the motor being servo, I think it's because it's an Enduro servo motor. I did some research and it seems that the Enduro motors are just plain cheap. Great machine but they give you a cheap motor. Also, I was told that if I got a surge protector my motor would last longer because it's power surges that kills them so easily. Maybe I should go Amish and hook up a peddle and power my machine myself. No worries of power surges there.

It was funny when the board was shot because almost all my leather orders came to a stop for a few days because the next step involved sewing. My costumers asked me when I'd have their project done. I said, "depends on how fast shipping is." They threatened me to hand stitch it all. Don't get me wrong, I think hand stitching is much better quality than machine stitching and makes the product more hand made but it's not for me. I'll hand stitch if there's less than a foot of stitching to do and I have to, but hand stitching somewhat drains the money out of my work because of the time.

13 hours ago, Wykoni said:

Very good work...definitely got the wow factor.  I have got one I have been working on but keep putting it aside...get back to it in time.  Lol

Thank you! I'd love to see yours when you finish.

11 hours ago, koreric75 said:

Beautiful rig

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Rolandranch said:

Maybe I should go Amish and hook up a peddle and power my machine myself. No worries of power surges there.

Then you will have to deal with caffeine surges!

2 hours ago, plinkercases said:

Then you will have to deal with caffeine surges!

Oh, I already do... :yes:

Very nice work indeed!!

that's a beautiful job love, it makes me want to try carving