Mark59

CONSEW 118 your opinion is welcome

I found a walking foot machine with reverse that fits my budget ($450).  It's the CONSEW 118.  I haven't found too much info on YouTube for this machine.  The seller claims it was a back-up for him and has been stored indoors for the life of the machine.  The pictures seem to support his claim as it is a clean machine.  I intend to use this machine for leather wallets, backpacks, messenger bags using thinner leather.  I'd like to do some basic holsters and upholstery in the future.  I would very much appreciate your honest opinions, especially information regarding; space parts vendors/availability, needle recommendations, where to purchase additional presser feet, etc.  Thank you all.  Mark in Colorado. 

00p0p_hJYq5UqwyQb_1200x900.jpg

00T0T_bH74uNO5BWs_600x450.jpg

CONSEW 118 .jpg

00R0R_k7mJPyq9KVI_1200x900.jpg

00y0y_6wWzLPi9LRt_1200x900.jpg

01616_eSnyLW4QFM6_600x450.jpg

For an easier reference look up Singer 16-188 (same machine w/o reverse) it should sew up to 20 oz &  it'll take #138 thread w/o a problem.You'll probably want to take that motor off & put a servo motor on it for better speed control.

Edited by CowboyBob