Hello all, I am attempting to sell my projects online with Etsy but I need help on how to photograph them. I see all these people who are selling have great photos of there work and I am sure that some have their projects done professionally. I cannot afford that so I am looking for help on how to photograph my projects so I can sell them online. Can any of you tell me how you take your pictures here? Thank you very much for your help. God Bless 

Etsy has some tips on their web page. I'd go there first. There's tips there from sellers that are getting good images with just a cel phone.

Jeff

One thing that will make your pictures look pretty good is  the background.  I use  a piece of synthetic wool for my background.  I just lay it on my workbench and lay my projects on it, then take the picture with my Cannon Rebel camera. Here is one I have on eBay right now.  

image.png.5a005a22430a84f61b58f3f41cf3e22f.png

33 minutes ago, alpha2 said:

Thank you all for responding to my post. It really helped. 

John 3:16 

John 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

good lighting and background placement usually make it. some like to set up a sheet and some lights to highlight the details. If it is equipment meant for outside, such as archery stuff, best to take some pictures outside with natural light.

You can never take to many pictures and angles, and then choose your best after your done. I guarantee you that no one that posts to sell their stuff takes just one picture, or even 5 minimum.

The most consistent way to take photo's of smallish subject is to use a Light box, which is a square cube made of a thin white material where you can place your items in the middle, you then place two or three lights outside pointing in and arrange so you get the lighting effect you need normally without obvious shadows

Plenty of cheap light boxes on eBay etc