brmax

Servo Pulley

Good morning!

I have an interest in a source for a ( listen ), larger servo pulley. 

Can you imagine that. Well I am and particularly with a bore diameter of: 12mm

The shaft is looking to be 11.8 - 9,  so my interest is possibly up around 120 + or - As Im working with a compound system at the present and just experimenting. Oh and about forgot the typical 3/8”or M, 3L v-belt size

In my homework, I havent called the Pro dealers at this time. 

Thanks everyone

Floyd

If you’re just experimenting I’d grab a 1/2” bore adjustable pulley - shim the difference with a thin wall tubing that fills the space close enough.   Although I was never intrigued by adjustable pulleys, I picked up a handful on a $2 clearance sale and like them more and more.  

Thanks Don for the tips. Running onto a sale with them pulleys you found is for sure a prize. With some patience Im waiting on a 3/8” bore pulley and with some plans to drill it with a 15/32 bit. Im sure a bit of sand paper in the bore to finish. Hey appreciate it

Floyd

I have had the same challenge with machine pulley where the shaft is 12.76mm..... no luck finding stock parts but am still trying to make 5/8 ID with a sleeve work... sleeve is the tricky bit now.

And it seem seems the motor shaft is the same diameter...old Consew motor but I found a small diameter pulley that they say will work... just received it and haven't tried yet.

if the pulley has a 15mm bore roll up a 1.5mm copper sheet strips to fill the gap or use a aluminum tube 12x1.5

Check the pictures in this post:

http://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/62817-do-i-have-a-complete-busm-pearson-6-or-what/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-436138

Edited by Constabulary

Strange as it sounds, I glanced up and noticed a couple thread stands the same. Top section o.d. = .625”/15.8mm and the i.d. = .5”/12.8mm

Its been my experience, if it takes all day to find an item like this today. Sure enough tomorrow the same item will be discovered in a crazily simple manner. 

Silly but typical, I thought prior to this project i would be set on using a couple old 15mm pulleys, to my suprise the SW6000 has the shaft end turned down to a smaller diameter versus the the old 5000’s 

Great tip and link there, with the shim materials being pretty accessible.  

Good day Floyd

8 hours ago, plinkercases said:

I have had the same challenge with machine pulley where the shaft is 12.76mm..... no luck finding stock parts but am still trying to make 5/8 ID with a sleeve work... sleeve is the tricky bit now.

And it seem seems the motor shaft is the same diameter...old Consew motor but I found a small diameter pulley that they say will work... just received it and haven't tried yet.

That 12.76 mm sounds a lot like 1/2" plus a smidgen of schmutz on the calipers. . . .  but if it's correct you might have an easier time getting an adjustable reamer to enlarge the hole in a 1/2" bore pulley instead of sleeving down a larger pulley . . .

Of course it is entirely possible that I don't understand the problem.

Stu