Hello there everyone!

This is a tassel I've just made pictured above. Most tutorials I've come across say to simply glue the tassel into place. I would not like to just glue the tassel as I've made ones before that have started to peel open a bit. 

I attached a band of leather over the top of the tassel and attempted to hand stitch it closed . As you can see, it dosn't look too smart . Would anyone have any advice on how i could do this better? or any stitch style i could use ? or would anyone have any pictures of ones they have made which have been successful? or even any images of ones from books etc? 

Sincere thanks to anyone who can offer and advice or help or even an opinion .

Best,

Sus

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

I would have gone with an "X" stitch rather than the baseball stitch, myself, that would keep both surfaces of the band ends hidden. To do that you'd probably want to sew the band separate and then stuff the tassel into it with some glue though.

Weaver leather has a video under "using scraps" or something like that showing how to do this.