Dwestrn

Pfaff 1245 706/47

I recently purchased a Pfaff 1245 706/47 (Older style in great condition), and I'm having trouble finding presser and walking feet that actually fit.  I've tried a couple of the inexpensive ones from on-line stores with no luck.  The so-called "Matching Sets" don't actually match.  One presser foot had the wrong size hole, so the shoulder of my screw would not pass through it.  Another walking foot would not slide onto the shaft because the diameter of the hole was too small.  Can anyone refer me to a reliable supplier that might have actual OEM Pfaff parts rather than the after market stuff?   I have found a few feet that are advertised as "Original," but the prices are over $100 in some cases, so I'm also wondering if this is the going rate for OEM Pfaff parts?  This is my first attempt at a forum, so please bear (I had to check Bare or Bear?) with me.

The top results of my first Google search for "pfaff 1245 feet" contained listings for good used OEM Pfaff feet for your machine costing less than $50.

The Chinese feet from kwokhing.com meet your description of not fitting. Half of the feet I've gotten required some amount of filing or drilling to work.

Something to keep in mind when looking for used parts is that they're often sold by part number, not the machine or machines they fit. For the most part, all Pfaff parts are stamped with a part number. Get the 1245 parts book for a list of all feet, plates, and accessories for your machine. There are loads of used parts out there.

Thank you for the feedback.  I did find Pfaff part numbers.

Double foot outside #91-046970 (#46970) with matching inside foot #91-040474-93 x 40 (#40474-4)

Single outside foot #91-04075-04 x 50 (#40475-5) with matching inside #91-040474-93 x 50 (#404474-5)

These will get me started if I can find them.  I don't mind a little touch up filing, but these are generally pretty high on the Rockwell scale of hardness.

Thanks again, Dwestrn

Pfaff 1245 706-47 Feet.pdf

Hey Dwestrn. We repair Durkopp Adler and also HAAS CNCs. A lot of my customers I refer to Orange County Industrial Sewing http://ocisewing.com/

They can fabricate a part for you and may have they item. If you are looking local I suggest google "sewing machine part machining". That will let you know they make special parts.

Also try http://ssmci.com/index.php