Sign in to follow this  
AussieB1rd

G'Day from Oz

Hey Guys,

Some time ago I bought some leather punches as I was thinking about trying my hand at belt making etc etc, I paid a heap for these

Craftool Co USA punches, I am now looking to pass them on as they seem too valuable to damage using them on sterling silver as I

also make jewellery.

In all there are 129 punches and swivel knives, 126 are genuine Craftool Co USA and three are good quality but not chrome  plated or  with a makers mark.

Just wondering if anyone can help me price these, I have seem some prices on the net and they usually state VINTAGE Craftool Co USA, yes I know they don't make them any more.

Cheers

AussieB1rd

Here is a couple of picsZbDUYLB.jpg

G'Day, 

If they don't have a makers mark, how do you know they are genuine ' Craftool' stamps? 

The genuine Craftool stamps  go for around $10 - $12 ea new ( Australian)  see Tandy's . 

S/H around $7 -$8 ea Aust. 

I paid $4 - ea  S/H  for my CT stamps when I first started 14 years ago .  I was lucky enough for many people to just give me their old  stamps, some were  the original Midas tools,  and not the newies. God knows what their value is now. 

They've just started making them again: 

http://www.kellymidasclassics.co.nz/about_noel_kelly.php 

Hope this helps a bit,

HS 

G'day Handstitched,

Thanks for the info mate, that's about what I thought they may be worth

All the tools are stamped Craftool Co USA .......EXCEPT the three non chromed tools,

Sorry if it didn't read that way but I thought it was clear. I might lay then all out and take a pic showing the makers mark and number, or do up a list of the numbers.

A fair few are a lot thicker in the shaft

Cheers

Aussieb1rd

The stamps marked Craft Tool USA were made fairly recently. For some of the more common stamps and maybe some that might be losing their chrome coating, I would not pay more than $2AUD or $3AUD.

Some of the other different stamps, I would start to offer $5AUD and maybe go up from there. Really rare stamps or maybe better quality stamps, I would offer more, but condition and actual stamp design play a large role in dictating what they are worth to me and/or other people.

I have put these up for sale elsewhere @ a bit less than $5 a tool, funny one chap keeps harping on to buy them but only wants a few, as if I am going to split a set like this, his point is he only wants the ones he don't have and can get a set off the net for $20, ok go buy them off the net for $20, my thing is buy the whole set and then you can resell those you don't want, I'm not letting someone pick the eyes out of the set like a crow on a sheeps head.

Rockoboy I'm in Qld