wendyp

Singer 211g 566 hook bobbin housing issues

Hi I’ve just bought a singer 211g 566 that was supposed to be in good working condition well maintained and serviced regularly (not) it’s very dirty and possibly never been oiled since 2012 when last person bought it from a sewing shop. Anyway I’ve had to take apart the bobbin housing shaft etc to clean it but when I put it back in to check timing etc the bobbin housing rubs on the needle ! It did not do it before cleaning  any idea how I can resolve this please. Also can’t get  hook to 1/16th inch above needle hole as stated in Manual it comes higher up more like 3 16ths but can’t see how it can be lowered as it’s the 566 it comes as a whole unit rather than other models where you can add or remove a washer. Hope you all understand what I mean as new to all this and trying my best to follow old singer manuals and hand drawn pictures. I have other questions but will ask those later just need to sort these issues out first. Thanks

Edited by wendyp

You might try posting this in the leather sewing machine forum.  There are some very helpful people that follow that forum.  Good luck.

http://leatherworker.net/forum/forum/50-leather-sewing-machines/

I know it's too late BUT next time you get a machine the best way to clean it is spray it with WD40 or something similar & blow it out with air.The machine does not have to be super clean to sew.So what happens when it's taken apart is it ends up getting out of time.Your lucky here's a manual showing the timing & all the other adjustments for this machine.

http://parts.singerco.com/IPsvcManuals/211U157A_165A_166A_566A.pdf

I’m new to these machines as well. Just picked up a singer 111w155. I too was told it was working just fine when placed in storage years ago. The hook was 180degrees out. The starch length concentric was intentionally moved 3/8 to the 

im not 100% sure but believe your machine is a newer version of mine. This video is priceless for timing