Ragingstallion

getting my logo stamp, suggestions?

So, I have had a logo made up for a little while, and it is time to get a stamp made of it. I am thinking of going with LW leathers, as it is a good price.

Do you have any recommendations for an other place to order a custom stamp?

what size should I decide on? there are several sizes you can get and I am not sure which one would be to small.

and...should I just get the image as a stamp? or should I order it with my business name as well?

Some tough questions there :-)

As far as where to go I can not recommend any special place, the best I can say is go where people are satisfied and you can communicate with ease. I know a few makers in China but it might be hard to explain if you want something extra.

As far as sizes, try to print all different sizes on paper and cut them out. Then put the paper stamps on the item you have made and you can get an idea what would look good.

Image or business name? You say you are into archery, dog collars and (...) . I would suggest image only, think what would it look like if you would put a dog collar with your business name on it, it would look like that is the name of the dog. I know I would pause if I would read Raging Stallion on the outside of a dog collar. Unless you are planing to place the logo on the inside, but that would make it visible only once, after wearing it would remain out of sight.

12 minutes ago, LetterT said:

Some tough questions there :-)

As far as where to go I can not recommend any special place, the best I can say is go where people are satisfied and you can communicate with ease. I know a few makers in China but it might be hard to explain if you want something extra.

As far as sizes, try to print all different sizes on paper and cut them out. Then put the paper stamps on the item you have made and you can get an idea what would look good.

Image or business name? You say you are into archery, dog collars and (...) . I would suggest image only, think what would it look like if you would put a dog collar with your business name on it, it would look like that is the name of the dog. I know I would pause if I would read Raging Stallion on the outside of a dog collar. Unless you are planing to place the logo on the inside, but that would make it visible only once, after wearing it would remain out of sight.

thanks for the response. I did not really think to print out the different sizes to see which would look best.

as for the placement, yes, I would be hiding it somewhere. I do not see myself trying to incorporate my logo into a design, mostly if it is a custom order. but the logo would still be there so they could always find it.

I have always had the fear of my business name in a stamp in an obvious place messing up an otherwise awesome project. Since my name isn't " Louis Vuitton " I too remain on the fence about this.

Just a couple of weeks ago I ordered a new 'maker' stamp from a seller in China, via ebay. Ordered it with another special stamp. The 'maker' stamp I ordered was an oval design, 3cm in width by what-ever high it cost me £14.99 inc s/h. It took all of 10 days from placing order till it dropped thru my letterbox. The other stamp was 6cm wide, it cost £24.99 inc. I've only ever got binary stamps made by the Chinese sellers. I don't think they can cut shaded types.

If you have Illustrator or Inkscape, you should consider drawing your mark in vectors and having some magnesium or copper plates made from a place like Owosso Plates in Michigan. They make letterpress and hot stamping dies by the square inch. Just figure out what dies you want and what size sheet they'll fit on. If you're hand stamping with a mallet, you can JB Weld them to a piece of steel rod that adequately supports the entire back of the image area of the die. This will be many times cheaper than having a single custom stamp made and you'll be able to get a variety of stamps.

I have 3 different size logo stamps and a custom stamp, plus a dozen or so of his standard stamps, made by @arbalet12 Sergey Neskromniy.

Price is really great, work is excellent ( I am not a machinist, so not an expert in judging quality of this work) but it far exceeded my expectations, delivery was not quick but that's not his fault.

I highly recommend his work and I will buy from him again.