Elom

Greetings from Germany

Hello,

My name is Elvis ( believe it or not :) ), already 31 years on this gorgeous planet, originally from Slovenia, but at 24 I have moved to Austria, and at 29 I have moved to Germany, what Is my next stop I have no clue.

I have recently started to pay attention to how things are done out of beautiful material called leather. Mostly what interests me are wallets, bags, knife sheets, belts and other smaller accessories and all those details that makes a leather product stand out. I am definitely eager to learn and with years of practices to come to the point when I can say, I am happy with what I have created, until then I am not stopping. 

So far I have "created":
- 2 wallets
- 2 keychains
- 1 smaller belt bag
- 1 smartphone bag that was renamed to miscellaneous product since smartphone did not fit :)

20180520_192605.jpg

20180520_193224.jpg

20180622_151600.jpg

20180628_132054.jpg

20180629_130140.jpg

20180801_112636.jpg

20180801_112711.jpg

Welcome!  Always nice to have a fellow European in the forum!

Welcome to the forum!
As you spend time here, prepare to be amazed at how much you can learn and improve you leatherworking skills. 

Welcome! Used to live in Germany for a while too, what part are you in? Those are ambitious first wallets and looking pretty good.

Hey Elvis, welcome! Where in Germany do you live and "craft"? Interesting stuff, keep posting!

Back from vacation and all other stuff to do with work.

I live in Passau, a small city in southern Bayern.

On ‎1‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 7:48 PM, Elom said:

smartphone bag that was renamed to miscellaneous product since smartphone did not fit :)

Gotta love a project that has more than one possible use! Who amongst us has not had to "repurpose a project because it came out different to the plan"?

5 hours ago, Rockoboy said:

Gotta love a project that has more than one possible use! Who amongst us has not had to "repurpose a project because it came out different to the plan"?

Ha! I have a card wallet that houses 2 knives I never use.

Welcome to the wonderful world of leatherwork and the forums that provide for more inspiration than any book does.

I know the Passau region as I was in the Nuernberg area for 14 years (81 to 95, and yes, I speak the language too) before I was reassigned to the United States.

Your work is pretty darn good for a newcomer and it will definitely improve as you continue to absorb new information and guidance from these forums.  Looking forward to seeing more work as you progress and most of us are pretty open to direct contact as well if you feel the need.