Treesner

head button rivet not screw

are there any other options for head buttons other than the Chicago screw style? I'm red lactating them but still they rattle loose with the abuse of dirtbike riding. 

Oh, my. I hope that was your "auto-correct" that made it "red lactating"!

My experience with blue loctite would indicate it should be enough, but red would definitely do the job. Red should take heat to make it break loose. Now, having said that, if the threads are oily/greasy/dirty at all, that can affect the bond. Also, cheap Chicago screws (possible from a suburb of Chicago?) might not have a tight enough thread fit to do the job. One other thing, if you've only got a couple of threads engaged, instead of sizing the stud assy. so ALL the threads engage, that would be an issue.

Just curious, what is the exact application on this dirtbike? Holding a leather flap down, like a Sam Browne belt kind of application?

Jeff

Red would actually take the amount of heat enough to turn the good into ashes to break loose. Blue should be fine.

On 8/2/2018 at 5:00 PM, alpha2 said:

Oh, my. I hope that was your "auto-correct" that made it "red lactating"!

My experience with blue loctite would indicate it should be enough, but red would definitely do the job. Red should take heat to make it break loose. Now, having said that, if the threads are oily/greasy/dirty at all, that can affect the bond. Also, cheap Chicago screws (possible from a suburb of Chicago?) might not have a tight enough thread fit to do the job. One other thing, if you've only got a couple of threads engaged, instead of sizing the stud assy. so ALL the threads engage, that would be an issue.

Just curious, what is the exact application on this dirtbike? Holding a leather flap down, like a Sam Browne belt kind of application?

Jeff

holding a saw holster shut 

so does no one make a rivet style button top where I can just set it instead of screw it ? 

Randy has some that are rivet style.

On 8/9/2018 at 2:24 PM, bikermutt07 said:

Randy has some that are rivet style.

do you know where to purchase? not sue who randy is

thanks

Stupid autocorrect. Tandy Leather has them.

On 8/15/2018 at 2:29 PM, bikermutt07 said:

Stupid autocorrect. Tandy Leather has them.

do you have a link? not seeing them