Treesner

double cap rivet but flat and solid

does anyone make a double cap rivet thats easy to set however with a flat front and solid non hollow top like the tops of copper rivets. I basically want the appearance of the copper rivet but don't need the extreme hold and slow install time. 

21K44rV6OhL.jpg

21b3DELueJL.jpg

I don't think this is possible. The stem has to be tubular, as that is how the rivet is set.

If you place your work on a hard, smooth and flat surface, when you set the double cap rivet, the end result will be a flat cap on the bottom side. Turn your work over and gently tap the other side of the double cap rivet on the hard surface and then you have a flat head double cap rivet.

On 8/11/2018 at 6:05 PM, Rockoboy said:

I don't think this is possible. The stem has to be tubular, as that is how the rivet is set.

If you place your work on a hard, smooth and flat surface, when you set the double cap rivet, the end result will be a flat cap on the bottom side. Turn your work over and gently tap the other side of the double cap rivet on the hard surface and then you have a flat head double cap rivet.

hmm do you think I could flatten it first before setting? 

the reason I'm looking for this is so that I can cut the edges off and turn the circle into a square 

How about using some chicago screws, in the same way. Squared

good day there

Floyd

15 hours ago, Treesner said:
15 hours ago, Treesner said:

the reason I'm looking for this is so that I can cut the edges off and turn the circle into a square 

I don't believe this is possible with a double cap rivet. The cap of the rivet and the stem of the rivet on the male side are 2 separate pieces. I had to destroy some rivets to disassemble an item recently, and this is what I found.

44 minutes ago, Rockoboy said:

I don't believe this is possible with a double cap rivet. The cap of the rivet and the stem of the rivet on the male side are 2 separate pieces. I had to destroy some rivets to disassemble an item recently, and this is what I found.

double; I know you can't cut the edges and retain the integrity of the rivet head. Cutting off one part of the edge is one way I use to remove them.

The Chicago screws is the way I think. You can buy square ones from Chinese sellers on ebay

On 8/3/2018 at 7:22 AM, Treesner said:

does anyone make a double cap rivet thats easy to set however with a flat front and solid non hollow top like the tops of copper rivets. I basically want the appearance of the copper rivet but don't need the extreme hold and slow install time. 

Hi Treesner, recently I launched my new designs - double-sided rivets on my site http://dot-gas.com/jeans_rivet_p1.html 
I do flat cap and convex cap for the moment, both available for size 8MM and 9.5MM, and they can go with tacks in 3 available lengths 6.5, 8 and 12MM. 
They are made from the high-grade brass material and designed for high-end products, a perfect combination of appearance and functionality.

double-sided rivet - flat.jpgdouble-sided rivet - convex.jpg

Edited by KooperLee

On 8/22/2018 at 8:59 PM, KooperLee said:

Hi Treesner, recently I launched my new designs - double-sided rivets on my site http://dot-gas.com/jeans_rivet_p1.html 
I do flat cap and convex cap for the moment, both available for size 8MM and 9.5MM, and they can go with tacks in 3 available lengths 6.5, 8 and 12MM. 
They are made from the high-grade brass material and designed for high-end products, a perfect combination of appearance and functionality.

thanks are flat ones hollow/ two pieces? basically I want to grind away material so that I can make a square instead of a circle but all the ones ive done ive found they are two pieces and fall apart when I grind them unlike the pure copper ones 

On 8/22/2018 at 10:59 PM, KooperLee said:

These look fantastic and have been looking for rivets like this. Will certainly place an order.

Hey Everyone!

Actually working to develop a flat cap rivet as we speak and stumbled on this post!

Have a look at the image below. Let me know your thoughts?!

Thanks.

Hugh

IMG_1116.jpg

12 hours ago, HWH19 said:

Let me know your thoughts?!

I like the look. I would buy them in chrome, brass and black if they were available.

On 11/7/2018 at 5:55 PM, HWH19 said:

Hey Everyone!

Actually working to develop a flat cap rivet as we speak and stumbled on this post!

Have a look at the image below. Let me know your thoughts?!

Thanks.

Hugh

IMG_1116.jpg

are these solid or normal style where the metal is folded? I want solid so I can cut off the edges and make square. 

maybe you could just make me some square double cap rivets?? 

On 8/15/2018 at 1:38 PM, fredk said:

thanks do you think I could like rivet them over some how or use a post of a double cap rivet to do the backside? I've tested Chicago screw in my application and they loosen over time and fall out from the rough conditions 

On 1/2/2019 at 6:23 PM, Treesner said:

I took a closer look and you can see the round rivet under a square mask. Possible maybe to swap some masks to the other side?

3 hours ago, GeneH said:

I took a closer look and you can see the round rivet under a square mask. Possible maybe to swap some masks to the other side?

good eye I'll try that out 

If you don’t use the setter and domed anvil just a flat anvil and flat faced hammer you can get flat double cap rivets.

On 3/1/2019 at 5:24 PM, Mattsbagger said:

If you don’t use the setter and domed anvil just a flat anvil and flat faced hammer you can get flat double cap rivets.

thanks mainly I was trying to find solid double cap rivets so I could cut them to be square