unbreakable

Multifilament Polypropylene rope and nylon webbing suppliers

Hello! I am starting out to make dog accessories. I do not make leather collars or leashes so it's not leather work but often suppliers are the same (I buy all my nylon webbing and most of hardware form Weaver). And actually I wasn't able to find similar forum fo pet accessories makers(are there?). So maybe someone here could help me with finding new suppliers. 

I was looking for Multifilament Polypropylene rope (3/8", 1/2") that one big brand are utilizing for their leashes (images attached). It looks like the manufacturer is Ropes R US. I've wrote them two emails but never got any reply. I haven't called them yet because am not from US, but it wasn't a problem before as I was always able to contact all suppliers by email. Anyway it looks like they are not interested and frankly I suppose their MOQ is higher than my demand right now. Maybe someone knows Ropes R US distributors/dealers or there are manufactures that make very similar products or brokers that sell the same/similar MFP ropes?

As I've told, I buy nylon webbing from Weaver, it is of good quality but unfortunatelly edges become frayed with time.  I've came across Dog+Bone site (https://dogplusbone.com/collections/martingale-collars, image attached) and I really would like to try webbing that they use or any other high quality heavy-duty nylon webbing(1", 3/4", 5/8") with variety of colors. I've also tried webbing from strapworks.com; hitexcorp.com and countrybrookdesign.com. Can someone share/suggest supplier/manufacture?

02735.jpg

02749.jpg

02515.jpg

37358531_1887337641331228_673406659619454976_n.jpg

Both multifilament polypropylene rope (ask for floating line) and nylon webbing can be purchased at a chandlery. For looking online you might try West Marine or APS for the line.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/samson-rope--mfp-multi-filament-polypropylene-floatline--P005_152_002_503?recordNum=7

http://www.apsltd.com/line/polypropylene-sailboat-line-rope.html

For webbing or 3/8" line, you might try Sailrite.

https://www.sailrite.com/search?keywords=nylon webbing

https://www.sailrite.com/Regatta-Lite-Single-Braid-Polypropylene-Line-3-8-Yellow

Direct from China via alibaba is your best bet, until you make your own contacts and then switch to buying direct from their factory. All the stuff is ultimately made there anyway. If you are just starting up, you can get some crazy good deals on overstock. How do I know? I went down this path.

On 03.08.2018 at 9:32 PM, Tejas said:

Both multifilament polypropylene rope (ask for floating line) and nylon webbing can be purchased at a chandlery. For looking online you might try West Marine or APS for the line....

For webbing or 3/8" line, you might try Sailrite...

Thanks! But www.westmarine.com offers just one collor of MFP  rope and sailrite.com carry only a few collors of nylon webbing. I need at least 10 and in each width.

On 03.08.2018 at 9:58 PM, DrmCa said:

Direct from China via alibaba is your best bet, until you make your own contacts and then switch to buying direct from their factory. All the stuff is ultimately made there anyway. If you are just starting up, you can get some crazy good deals on overstock. How do I know? I went down this path.

Yes, I know that. Actually I've tried to look at alibaba. I've even tried to mail some sellers. But there are some substantial difficulties(at least they look this way for me). First of all, their MOQ starts from 1000-3000 yards/meters per each width per each color (rarely from 500 yards/meters, all webb that I was interested in starts from 2000-3000). So if I need 10 colors in 3 width it's miles and miles of webbing(3*10*3000=90000 yards). Second, those suppliers that I spoke with send sample only if I place an order or pay some sum for samples (and judging of their product by low res. photos I had doubts that it was what I was looking for). Third all chinese sellers want to ship by DHL or Fedex, so shipping from China to Europe (I'm from there) become much more costly than from US. I wanted to buy some metal hardware and shipping cost prevailed over cost of the harware itself. Forths, they often confuse in product specification, even in sizes, one time they say one thing, other's - completely different. It looks like they are trying to tell me what I wanted to hear. And it just don't create trust, only provokes doubts. Maybe it just my few cases and they are exclusions.

I understand that when you order an container from China it's much more beneficial but for now for my volume (a few thouthand of bucks) I'm not sure. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong? What is your experience with chinese suppliers? Did you buy from there nylon webbing or polypropylene rope?

Overstock? Do you mean some particular sites or brick and mortar stores?

Dunno, I sometimes get a 20kg box of overstock hardware from a factory via TNT and it's exactly what I ordered. Maybe you need to spend more time searching.

Overstock means extra product manufactured, but left over after filling large orders. No one needs it, so the factory is happy to sell at hugely discounted prices.

On 07.08.2018 at 8:34 PM, SolarLeatherMachines said:

You're looking in the wrong industry.   The products you're seeking are CLIMBING ropes & tapes.  Specifically "Tubular Webbing".   

Thanks, but Tubular Webbing it is different, I am working with Flat Webb. Multifilament Polypropylene ropes from Ropes R US(I have a sample) definitely aren't a climbing ropes. Climbing ropes are much more costly and there in no need in them - dogs don't climb;)

On 07.08.2018 at 11:59 PM, DrmCa said:

Dunno, I sometimes get a 20kg box of overstock hardware from a factory via TNT and it's exactly what I ordered. Maybe you need to spend more time searching.

Overstock means extra product manufactured, but left over after filling large orders. No one needs it, so the factory is happy to sell at hugely discounted prices.

I was asking where did you buy overstock products: online or directly from manufacturer warehouses? from China(via TNT) or from US seller?

Edited by unbreakable