Garyspruill

New Thread Company Advice

On 10/17/2018 at 6:15 PM, Stetson912 said:

What spi do you stitch at respectively? I know this is all somewhat subjective but I'm open to trying new techniques and such 

That sounds like nice thread already! 

For the .8 I will go with either 8 or 9 spi and for the 1.0 I will go with either 7 or 8 spi.  I look at each piece and visualize whether it would look better with a nice tight stitch or slightly longer and then just go with it.

17 hours ago, Garyspruill said:

NVLeatherworx,

Thanks for filling in for me while I was gone.

I was out for 3 weeks, Wife and I hit Italy, France, Germany and the UK. Tried to make it to Romania, but planes trains and buses would not work together. I wanted to go there to see this leather factory there, heard they have some great oil tans there with great colors, but just did not come together. Maybe next time.

I think I have a good lead on a great paint company in France we spoke of. They are sending me samples of the primer and paint this month. Primer is white going on, then clear to dry. Then paint on top of it with two sheen's. Satin and High Gloss.

Thanks again

Gary

Most welcome my friend.  Can't wait to see what you add to the mix either.  

I know Americans stand as great entrepreneurs but then I saw Location: TX and it all became clear.

I used to work with a guy from Texas, Chris Milam from San Antonio. I know a few years back he war running for the sheriff in Bexar county. He has the same "the world can not stop me" attitude, I loved that guy.

Why would the world want to stop anyone? Are we supposed to pay attention to that? 

Nebraska.

很棒的想法,但市场需要时间来完全接受你的想法

3 minutes ago, Lion said:

很棒的想法,但市场需要时间来完全接受你的想法

Google translate says: Great idea, but the market takes time to fully accept your thoughts.

3 hours ago, Lion said:

很棒的想法,但市场需要时间来完全接受你的想法

明白了,谢谢你

On 10/20/2018 at 7:05 AM, LetterT said:

I know Americans stand as great entrepreneurs but then I saw Location: TX and it all became clear.

I used to work with a guy from Texas, Chris Milam from San Antonio. I know a few years back he war running for the sheriff in Bexar county. He has the same "the world can not stop me" attitude, I loved that guy.

:-)

It's part of our DNA I guess??

Funny combination about self: Educated Texas redneck (country boy), that is a full blooded Sicilian. What a flipping combo. 

10 hours ago, GatoGordo said:

Is the new thread still in the works or has it been abandoned?

I wish I had an answer for all of you but I haven't heard from him in awhile.  I do know that none of his website concepts are up and running yet (based on the names that we had discussed) and I know that he was looking to get some samples from another manufacturer due to the original one wanting to change the "rules of the game" on him.  Hopefully he is monitoring these forums and chimes in for us.