I made a few of these but a fair bit smaller in size just for cards a while ago, and got a request for a larger version so had a bash at doing just that. Still using some pretty fleshy 1.2mm cowhide, so the burnishing didn't go as well as I'd like, but the two-tone stitching still looks good. Adding the card pockets was easy enough, went for a thinner thread so it wouldn't show up so clearly, and actually I think I like this design a little better than the small ones.
Any criticism or suggested changes would be welcome!

il_570xN.1575399294_jrmq.jpg

il_570xN.1622844067_s8ui.jpg

il_570xN.1622844509_3tbm.jpg

il_570xN.1622845687_ntnr.jpg

il_570xN.1622846671_pf73.jpg

No criticism here.  Great looking envelopes and I hope one day my stitching will look that good.

Beautiful work! 

And being a postal person myself.. my heart fluttered a little! 

Very nice

That looks really nice! How do you do the alternating color stitching? Well, I know you use two different threads of different colors but how do you hide the knot and do you backstitch or something? I tried it the other day and couldn't figure out how to start it without it going to hell on me.

Edited by battlemunky

Yes! Please spill! The double colors are great!

9 hours ago, battlemunky said:

That looks really nice! How do you do the alternating color stitching? Well, I know you use two different threads of different colors but how do you hide the knot and do you backstitch or something? I tried it the other day and couldn't figure out how to start it without it going to hell on me.

It’s fairly easy, you start by making the first stitch with the blue, then passing it back through the first hole making a stitch on the flesh side, trapping the red thread in the loop. Then you stitch forward again making a double stitch on the front, and from there stitch normally. Then at the end you do the the same but in reverse, so you only use the blue thread for the last stitch.

May not be the clearest explanation but I hope that helps!